Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Just got back to the hotel, and a very few thought from my melted brain. Best season of DCI for me yet. Phantom brought me to tears (this has never happened to me before), and the crowd went wild. I don't understand how this scores below Cavies. AAAAAnd, I honestly thought Boston beat Blue Devils, but I'm pretty sure I'll be proven wrong. I thought there was too much electronic goo for the BD, which Ive never noticed from them before.

• Like 7

Oh...tears.  A Michael Boo memorial scholarship.  

• Like 3

Just now, strutta said:

Agreed...I've been a BD fan since they were born and they are the GOAT of the DCI game for sure. But like every corps, they have age out turnover every year. Thus it comes down to the instructors/designers if they have an excellent squad every year (which they do), yes? It is great to see them (and all the corps) push the envelope. I just hope 'coaching' doesn't cost them or any corps a title.

If they lose the title somehow due to a lower brass score, then so be it. The organization’s ultimate goal is to provide a top notch musical and artistic education that challenges the members to become better musicians and artists, not win titles. In my opinion, they do it better than anyone else at a holistic level

• Like 4

Micheal Boo was always a fair, classy writer.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

If BAC doesn't win drums and Bloo doesn't win visual tonight I am starting a riot.

I'll be looking for you on tonight's new episode of "On Patrol" on REELZ TV. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you are looking for a best finals performance, look at 1974 Muchachos.

• Like 1

Congrats to all these kids.   Awesome stuff. 

And Dan Potter kicks ###. Would like to have a beer with him 

I am hoping for finals to be the same top 12 from prelims. 

🤞

Edited by Old Corps Guy

6 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

Madison’s best run in 88 was at Semis.  Finals was great (good thing because SCV had a fantastic run in finals) but it was near perfect at Semis.

I thought SCV got boned at Finals as they owned it and had a much more entertaining and cleaner show IMHO but it is what it is.