Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

I honestly don't understand the "BD is the same formula" mindset. Watch Beat My Heart Skipped, Re:Rite of Spring, Metamorph, and Tempus Blue. All four completely unique and distinct shows. They're also some of my favorites😉

That being said, I want BD to do something totally crazy next year, just to see the fandom reaction. By crazy I mean something totally game changing. The next Downside Up.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I wonder what BAC’s gonna bring next year 

Maybe sone horns, a few drums, a flag or two and probably some rifles/sabers

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I honestly don't understand the "BD is the same formula" mindset. Watch Beat My Heart Skipped, Re:Rite of Spring, Metamorph, and Tempus Blue. All four completely unique and distinct shows. They're also some of my favorites😉

That being said, I want BD to do something totally crazy next year, just to see the fandom reaction. By crazy I mean something totally game changing. The next Downside Up.

Inside Out?

3 hours ago, Rylan said:

Oh please. BD can do a whole show on hoverboards while playing kazoos and somehow people will still say it’s the “same formula”.  Such a tired argument. 

Exaggeration aside, that would depend on the individual’s motivation.  If they’re in the “Anybody but Blue Devils” crowd, then sure.

Otherwise, why is it so hard to believe that some people feel BD’s shows have become repetitive (even though they always perform to the highest of standards)?  Just because it differs from your own opinion, therefore it can’t possibly be true?  Or because BD has won 20 championships everyone is obligated to love their shows?

I’m open to legitimate suggestions as to why (some) people are so shocked about a differing opinion, in a subjective activity nonetheless.

Edited by Quad Aces

48 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

Maybe sone horns, a few drums, a flag or two and probably some rifles/sabers

They are doing the exact same show next year, except the trombone chop feature will be done with vuvuzalias. But that’s a secret !!

3 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

This is quite a convoluted statement ? 

3 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Such an interesting discussion. As an old time fan of DCI, I remember when corps were expected to have a distinct style and identity that carried over from year to year. Many corps repeated openers, closers, or even entire shows. Anyone remember when Spirit of Atlanta came out in the 80s with a Stravinsky show and got crucified by the fans? 

• Like 3

Somewhat off topic: Is the recorded female voice at the beginning of Crown's show(British) a famous or well known British actor?..I ask because I was awakened by a commercial for a steamship line whose voice over sounded REAL CLOSE to Crown's female voice..just curious..BTW congrats to all the performers tonight..Drum Corps is Great..peace

• Like 2