Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

Mandarins really found an identity over the past 5-6 years. Definitely a corps you can recognize from their style.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ok.  Makes a good story 

I'll check with a buddy who was there and see if I remember the details correctly.  It's been a while.

Opening almost sounds like it’s for a Christopher Nolan Batman movie before that lovely baritone soloist comes in on “We don’t need no education…”

All baritones on trombones and located on the props. Great sound from them!

• Like 1

That head stutter in the DM salute reminds me of Max Headroom.

• Like 1

I understand Crossmen & Blue Knights were very skilled ensembles this season, and if not for their poorer designs, probably could have hung onto their top 12 positions, and very well could have yesterday.

But Troop & Colts were TRULY a joy to watch just now. Both just obviously eating up the Finals experience and enjoying the fruits of their hard work this summer. To my eyes & ears, both laid out unquestionable cases for their statuses as Finalists. Despite being two vastly different shows, I enjoyed each immensely. Both were extraordinarily well-written and really showcase what a mid-level group can do when they are given something incredible to sink their teeth into.

Thank you, Troopers & Colts!!!! Congrats on well-earned, hard-fought, EXCEPTIONAL seasons!!!!

• Like 6

I may be mistaken, but I believe all of the Colts music sources did not include any brass scores.  Awesome translation into brass!

I don’t think he pronounced that drum major’s last name correctly