2023 Season Predictions

5 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavaliers had 79 ageouts in 21...and right at 100 new Cavaliers on the field last night. Should they do well with retention for 2023...look out! 

These numbers are about like this for everyone actually.  The COVID layoff shuffled the deck on the usual cycling effect.  I think the Blue Devils had even less vets and age outs?  

Which is sort of my point. EVERYONE is gonna have a lot of this year's talent back, provided they all wanna do another year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

These numbers are about like this for everyone actually.  The COVID layoff shuffled the deck on the usual cycling effect.  I think the Blue Devils had even less vets and age outs?  

Which is sort of my point. EVERYONE is gonna have a lot of this year's talent back, provided they all wanna do another year. 

Provided they can afford another year* 😭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Provided they can afford another year* 😭

Yeah. that.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Not the ageout number. I sat in LOS last year when the ageouts hit the field by Corps. There wasn't another corps even in the same ballpark of the number of ageouts as Cavaliers. And of course will gladly admit I'm wrong if the data says otherwise and some corps just didn't have their people on the field for ageout. But it was a stark difference. 

I'm predicting a stronger year for 2023, with much more vet laden corps - which should help

Also hoping we see BOTH Spirit of Atlanta & Seattle Cascades return strongly - and that all the corps have a good winter of recruiting and preparation.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Some Corps will place higher in 2023 than in 2022.

Some Corps will place lower in 2023 than in 2022.

Some Corps will place the same in 2023 as in 2022.

Some one had to do it.  

2023 Predictions: 

1. At least one corps figures out how to incorporate drones and drone pilots into their show. DCP argues whether or not the pilots should be students who count against the number limit or professionals. 

2. The Blue Devils release their drill, brass and perc books, guard choreography, and uniform design next week for 2023 with a message on DCP that says..."we're gonna win again...#####es. If you want to try to beat us...march the exact same show and out perform us. Other than that? STFU. " 

3. The Cavaliers go all-Female. March a show titled "Women Are From Venus" themed around Roe v. Wade and witn their 8th DCI title. 

4. The Bluecoats can't field a corps because they can't get the peyote and tequila out of their system from the 2022 show. 

5. Santa Clara finally decides after 3 or 4 years of PJ's uniform to march a show completely nude. 

6. Someone with a lot of money re-starts the Bridgemen. And they violate every possible DCI rule...and the fans love them for it. 

7. The Mandarins do an 11-minute rock and roll show. Charles then wins American Idol. 

8. Phantom Regiment has a female DM with long blonde hair that is kick-### ( Claire, that was tongue in cheek....if you're reading this you know our family loves you). Because that's now part of their "look". 

That's just for starters. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

WOOO! I'M HYPED!! I don't have any specific predictions right now but I'll say this. 2022 was a mind-blowing year for me. Every corps, even ones I didn't like/care about before impressed me. I think 2022's gonna be a tough act to follow since everyone really brought their A game this year.

I am going to keep saying it - experience DCI 2023 from the inside.  If you don't you will regret it after you are too old.

• Thanks 1