Boston Crusaders 2023

One I last thought on the CIP performance....yes, they sounded great, but this performance pales in comparison to the show when experienced in the context of the visual production. You guys are in for a real treat this summer!

Edited by craiga
Sleepy syntax
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

The tuba soloist who begins the Wellerman is currently considered the finest collegiate tuba soloist in Texas, according to the Texas Band Masters 2023. And, his little brother is the French horn soloist.   😀

That is awesome! One of my friends that I went to middle school with and known since elementary school (so if I do my math properly - I have known him almost 12 years now!) is on the tuba line. I actually know a couple people in this years corps, I have just known him by far the longest. I am in full support of whatever they do this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

That is awesome! One of my friends that I went to middle school with and known since elementary school (so if I do my math properly - I have known him almost 12 years now!) is on the tuba line. I actually know a couple people in this years corps, I have just known him by far the longest. I am in full support of whatever they do this year. 

I think you're gonna love the show, and for all the controversy over this year's uniforms, while they may seem odd in a horn arc, when you see what they're actually doing on the field they absolutely make sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, craiga said:

I think you're gonna love the show, and for all the controversy over this year's uniforms, while they may seem odd in a horn arc, when you see what they're actually doing on the field they absolutely make sense. 

I hope I do love the show!

Wow.

I will say that I am generally NOT a Boston fan (BD all the way for me) but I am genuinely blown away after watching the concert in the park. Having seen this and now Crown, (haven't seen anything from Bluecoats yet but I expect them to be excellent as well) I think Devs might be in a bit of a spot of bother this year. They are as good as always, but have once again come with a typical Blue Devils "wash, rinse and repeat" show design. I don't think that's gonna cut it this year.

It's clear that Boston smells blood in the water (pun intended) after coming so close last year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, craiga said:

I'm just curious if there's anything you do not like about the show, anything that concerns you, or anything your critical gaze falls upon.

Edited by DudleytheWest

13 minutes ago, DudleytheWest said:

I'm just curious if there's anything you do not like about the show, anything that concerns you, or anything your critical gaze falls upon.

Not Craiga but I’ve seen this a lot since January. 
The only small thing to me is that this ending feels happy when imo the show should have a sad ending since Moby Dick kills everyone. But I’ve also done this song and dance with the staff and know that’ll change before finals

Actually,I do have a couple concerns.  First, there is so much happening visually between the guard book and the choreography sometimes I don't know where to look.  In the marching band world I dwell in, judges frequently comment "Where's the focus supposed to be here?" Having said that, I am in hopes that BAC has earned to artistic license to not have that concern from the judges, because alot of their visual content is amazing.

The other concern I have is the ending doesn't feel complete to me, but I'm not sure I'm seeing the final ending.  This design team seems to favor putting an enhanced ending in each year between San Antonio and Allentown and that may be the case.

I do detect a glint of skepticism in your question, however, and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the show when you see it in person as I have.  This is the best Boston ever, for the record.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Not Craiga but I’ve seen this a lot since January. 
The only small thing to me is that this ending feels happy when imo the show should have a sad ending since Moby Dick kills everyone. But I’ve also done this song and dance with the staff and know that’ll change before finals

maybe it’s from Moby Dick’s perspective at the end. “Thanks for dinner!” 

• Haha 9