Jump to content

Boston Crusaders 2023


Recommended Posts

Since I got yelled at last season for not starting this thread soon enough.  While the results of 2022 are  still fresh I am beginning a new thread!

 

Crusader Traditions

"Conquest"

The Boston Crusaders first performed Alfred Newman's "Conquest" from the 1947 swashbuckling motion picture, Captain from Castile, in 1969 and repeated it in 1970. The corps brought the tune back in 1973 and 1974, then performed it as a part of their show every year from 1976 through 1990. Since then, "Conquest" had become a signature piece for the Crusaders.

Waldo

The Boston Crusader's symbol is King Richard's split-tailed lion. Affectionately known as "Waldo", the lion can be seen on all of the corps' vehicles, on the corps members' jackets, on corps merchandise, and as tattoos on many members and alumni of the Crusaders.

"Giant"

The Crusaders' corps song "Giant" is based on the main theme from the 1956 movie, Giant.

 

 

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s go!!! I have lost my voice from Indy tonight but so ready for 2023!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Let’s go!!! I have lost my voice from Indy tonight but so ready for 2023!!!

I am sure it was worth it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not "IF" but "WHEN with BAC winning a title.

It's going to happen.

And I will be the first to congratulate them when it happens.

Sooner than later. Championship clock is ticking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Not "IF" but "WHEN with BAC winning a title.

It's going to happen.

And I will be the first to congratulate them when it happens.

Sooner than later. Championship clock is ticking. 

Congratulations to BD btw!  I bet that 20th title felt great. 

I really love BD's SWAG...

 

Now only if BAC can just pluck them off the score board...Hope I don't have to wait too much longer for it to happen...Please be sooner rather then later!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve never been in the BAC thread but I like the idea of being one of the firsts. 
 

Boston I hope to see you the top 3 (or more) again next year! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Congratulations to BD btw!  I bet that 20th title felt great. 

I really love BD's SWAG...

 

Now only if BAC can just pluck them off the score board...Hope I don't have to wait too much longer for it to happen...Please be sooner rather then later!

Thanks! 20 is an incredible achievement. 

Stay patient brother. BAC will win one. Think it took Crown four years to win after placing top three, and I think six years for Bloo. Let's go in the middle, by 2027 BAC will be champions, possibly sooner. 

Of course us BD honks want another title, but BAC has BD Nation behind them. 

It's awesome that two of the classiest fan bases on DCP, BAC and Bloo both took home silver medals. Freaking awesome!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Thanks! 20 is an incredible achievement. 

Stay patient brother. BAC will win one. Think it took Crown four years to win after placing top three, and I think six years for Bloo. Let's go in the middle, by 2027 BAC will be champions, possibly sooner. 

Of course us BD honks want another title, but BAC has BD Nation behind them. 

It's awesome that two of the classiest fan bases on DCP, BAC and Bloo both took home silver medals. Freaking awesome!

When it happens..

Please please please let it NOT just be a tie 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hell yeah Boston Crusaders. As a goth I can officially say that BAC is the most goth out of any band in the marching arts world and I am so here for that😈

As for show concepts, I love their running theme of history, literature and mythology with a dark twist. I love that this year was able to portray Adam and Eve but in a tasteful and subtle way (snake drill!!!! it's awesome!!!), and I think a story like Cain and Abel featuring two main color guard soloists would be awesome. I love me some good old fashioned character death in DCI🖤 bring it back!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...