Boston Crusaders 2023

Kudos to the BAC brassline for their exceptional performance and securing a 1st place brass score at the San Antonio regional! Your sheer brilliance and musical prowess have left me in awe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Called it!  

I was so happy!  It's a legit moment and the more they do to sell it, the more incredible that moment is gonna be 

Yes you did.  Well done. Now tell the staff what the guard member in white, who is harpooned is going to do?  Get her guard duds on and grab a flag?

5 minutes ago, TOC said:

Yes you did.  Well done. Now tell the staff what the guard member in white, who is harpooned is going to do?  Get her guard duds on and grab a flag?

she's the whale off in the distance I guess?  Dunno. 

8 minutes ago, TOC said:

Let us know when the check arrives.

Hah!  I'd take one of those whale rope bracelets but you know they had that planned probably over a year ago when they chose the theme. 

Another spectacular performance by Boston! And yes, despite an extremely challenging week off the field.  As the 51 member BAC in '83 used to say...STRENGTH THROUGH ADVERSITY!

Keep doing what you're doing, BAC!  The audiences are falling in love!

• Like 5

On 7/9/2023 at 5:03 PM, KVG_DC said:

Actually, if they were gonna do a visual whale, a flyover cloth or puff out windsock style think like that would work best.  They could do a dramatic flyover that goes over the ship as the whale tail form snaps to and shows the whale destroying the ship.  That'd make the appearance of Ishmael on the raft resonate more.

Last night's white whale revealing and how it ended up in the far side got me thinking.  What if right before the whale swims by, someone is in the crow's nest yelling out Thar She Blows?  Then the whale appears and stays on the ship with two mm under the tail holding it up as the whale is destroying the ship?  Next. we see the captain moving away on his raft.  Right after the last note is played through a speaker close to the whale, there's a loud belch from the whale.  Ahh, maybe skip the burp.

• Haha 1