Boston Crusaders 2023

3 hours ago, crumdorpslove said:

I love this show from BAC. But….. seeing them live compared to BD. There is currently no chance they pass bd without significant changes. They are already cleaner than bd in terms of the majority of their show, which hasn’t been changed or added to since early season. All they have done significantly is add a tarp. The ending is very underwhelming, and live…they are nowhere near the impact that bd has. And I have seen them back to back recently….and just for those that want to secure I have a DMA, judged BOA and DCI for many years and have had great high school and college bands, well as many trophies awards from dci. Boston is incredible this year, but I don’t think they have the show to beat BD….but if they add and change I might be wrong. I personally think they need a cadets 2000 level music book to bring them over the top with the color guard. The guard staging this year is not where they have been, but the guard is just as talented and written well. But now so is the rest of the top four. My prediction is that boston will end up I. 3-4 with BC and Crown peaking at finals. However, I predict boston wins in 2024 after a 2023 incredible season. They need a better and a more judge and crowd imap acting show to secure the gold over BD. 

Thank you for honoring the rest of us with your vast credentials.  You should have added the fact that more than half of your posts rave about the Blue Devils no longer use dot books, software, or other written drill of any kind...a fact which is probably obvious to anyone here on dcp.  You completely missed the fact that Boston had 45 seconds of new music and drill last night, continues to outscore BD in captions, narrowed the spread to .85 total, and was the arguably the demonstrative audience favorite, again. The Blue Devils are a storied drum corps, but it sounds like you're whistling past the graveyard.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, craiga said:

Thank you for honoring the rest of us with your vast credentials.  You should have added the fact that more than half of your posts rave about the Blue Devils no longer use dot books, software, or other written drill of any kind...a fact which is probably obvious to anyone here on dcp.  You completely missed the fact that Boston had 45 seconds of new music and drill last night, continues to outscore BD in captions, narrowed the spread to .85 total, and was the arguably the demonstrative audience favorite, again. The Blue Devils are a storied drum corps, but it sounds like you're whistling past the graveyard.

Bravo 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crumdorpslove said:

I love this show from BAC. But….. seeing them live compared to BD. There is currently no chance they pass bd without significant changes. They are already cleaner than bd in terms of the majority of their show, which hasn’t been changed or added to since early season. All they have done significantly is add a tarp. The ending is very underwhelming, and live…they are nowhere near the impact that bd has. And I have seen them back to back recently….and just for those that want to secure I have a DMA, judged BOA and DCI for many years and have had great high school and college bands, well as many trophies awards from dci. Boston is incredible this year, but I don’t think they have the show to beat BD….but if they add and change I might be wrong. I personally think they need a cadets 2000 level music book to bring them over the top with the color guard. The guard staging this year is not where they have been, but the guard is just as talented and written well. But now so is the rest of the top four. My prediction is that boston will end up I. 3-4 with BC and Crown peaking at finals. However, I predict boston wins in 2024 after a 2023 incredible season. They need a better and a more judge and crowd imap acting show to secure the gold over BD. 

Appreciate your pov.  I urge you to check out Bostons brass in the lot to hear the level of a book you think they need.  It is there already.  What Boston doesn’t do is over emphasize all the tonguing phrases BD and CC play by lengthening the presentation while standing in place.  You  are right that Boston needs to add a bit more ( everyone does) to deliver the knockout punch so to speak,  to pass BD because of the benefit of the doubt they receive from judges. Not to mention to overcome the perception from the general dc fandom, that they cannot be beat. Evidenced by a year long acquiescence of their greatness in design, music writing, body movement.  How many time do we see “ no one moves like BD”. 
BD can and will be beaten.  It’s a matter of time and convincing those who continue to keep them high on the pedestal, that they are beatable.

In the meantime, we are being treated to some amazing shows this year.  At this point not one person can truly say each final position is a given. But we can sit back and enjoy it all. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, crumdorpslove said:

Hm I see so many complaints online about BAC’s ending but I love the ending — it’s majestic and tragic and the drill reflects the theme extremely well, which is effective! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I like this show more and more every time I see it BUUUUUUT they have to break the boat apart as the tarp is passing over it, not before. Ruins the effect. Or damages the effect I should say.

Astounding show though. God this is a great year for drum corps. Only 2 duds in the top 18 for me this year.

Sounds like a pretty easy fix and I agree with you about breaking the boat apart as whale is passing over it...then again it could be seen as a sort of victory jump/dive...

30 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Sounds like a pretty easy fix and I agree with you about breaking the boat apart as whale is passing over it...then again it could be seen as a sort of victory jump/dive...

Isn't the corps in the shape of a whale and right up against the boat, just prior to the boat breaking apart? Which would make it a victory jump/dive......

Edited: I stand corrected. That set does exist but it's a minute or two before the boat breaks apart.

Edited by Barneveld

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

Guard tips over ship props and plays dead all over the ground and props like the wall in Les Miz.    The Whitey Bulger spreads out just beyond the carnage. 

10 hours ago, crumdorpslove said:

I love this show from BAC. But….. seeing them live compared to BD. There is currently no chance they pass bd without significant changes.  All they have done significantly is add a tarp. The ending is very underwhelming, and live…they are nowhere near the impact that bd has. And I have seen them back to back recently….and just for those that want to secure I have a DMA, judged BOA and DCI for many years and have had great high school and college bands, well as many trophies awards from dci. 

Ya, well  jus' so you know re. my bonafides, while I respectfully disagree with this assessment ...😊.....

Leather Bound Books Meme - Northern Beak The Owner Leather Bound Books ...

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 3

Keep going strong Boston Crusaders!  . There is no denying the audiences around the country enjoy your Show . This week you have  3 consecutive days of practices at the Univ of Delaware  facilities before  finally returning to N.E. and your show later on Thursday in Lawrence Ma .. Your many Alums and fans in New England are looking forward to your return !

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 8