Carolina Crown 2023

7 hours ago, ykw said:

Yep, including the "mandatory" brass SQUAT POSE in the first ten seconds of the video! 

Because fans love to see everyone appearing to a quick simultaneous dump! 

Hey, you gotta be sure to check the judges' "movement" box!  😁

I’m just glad they are filling in movement parts this early. A big step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

I just hope that the fair-weather fans, who jumped ship when half the staff followed dollar signs, continue to give the same #### to other corps videos when they're released. I'll be sure to check the comments on Facebook/Instagram for your derogatory comments on a hype video for a drum corps, something that is very miniscule in the grand scheme called life. I'm sure it makes you feel so much better about your mundane lives, that I assume you live since you feel the need to make those kinds of comments, and gives you enough fuel to get through the rest of your day.

Carry on, Keyboard Warriors!

• Like 2

Hoping and praying that Rick finally figures out how to transfer his indoor show design magic to outdoor.  Because the mounties were legit. AGAIN. 

OTOH Crown is apparently loaded with talent.  AGAIN.   

On the gripping hand,.  I can't WAIT to hear the percussion this season.  

so....

Let's Go Crown!

• Like 4

On 5/8/2023 at 11:01 AM, ykw said:

Yep, including the "mandatory" brass SQUAT POSE in the first ten seconds of the video! 

Because fans love to see everyone appearing to a quick simultaneous dump! 

Hey, you gotta be sure to check the judges' "movement" box!  😁

3 company front compulsories have been replaced with mandatory bug squashing, pit bobbing, monkey drumming and facial grimacing.

And keeping ones thoughts to themselves has now resorted to putting down an interns work on a discussion board. 

Where was the negative comments on the Phantom Regiment video that showed the exact same things? Oh, right, that corps doesn't reside in Fort Mill. I forgot. 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

And keeping ones thoughts to themselves has now resorted to putting down an interns work on a discussion board. 

Where was the negative comments on the Phantom Regiment video that showed the exact same things? Oh, right, that corps doesn't reside in Fort Mill. I forgot. 🤭

Well, some things will never change, and like each and every previous season that I’ve counted myself among the CrownFAITHFUL, I will try and remain above the negativity that some cannot refrain from posting here.

As the season grinds on, there are legitimate critiques—and yes criticisms—that are posted here, and that’s fine. We that are perhaps less knowledgeable of the activity can get a bit lost in our enthusiasm, and in need of a less biased reality check from time to time.

The mean spirited and spiteful swipes, not so much…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Well, some things will never change, and like each and every previous season that I’ve counted myself among the CrownFAITHFUL, I will try and remain above the negativity that some cannot refrain from posting here.

As the season grinds on, there are legitimate critiques—and yes criticisms—that are posted here, and that’s fine. We that are perhaps less knowledgeable of the activity can get a bit lost in our enthusiasm, and in need of a less biased reality check from time to time.

The mean spirited and spiteful swipes, not so much…

I was a long time lurker before I decided to create a profile, so I have seen some of the hateful and ridiculous things that people have posted, and it seems that Crown tends to get the blunt end of everybody's opinion since half the staff left. I just can't stand for it to happen to one when another corps does the exact same thing and everyone thinks it's groundbreaking and innovative. This is, sadly, the world we live in, and regardless of whether or not my words can make a change I will continue to use my voice to point out to others how their words can be harmful and how they make an ### of themselves when making such comments on nothing more than a hype video.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 7:50 PM, ZTWright said:

I'm sure it makes you feel so much better about your mundane lives, that I assume you live since you feel the need to make those kinds of comments, and gives you enough fuel to get through the rest of your day.

Carry on, Keyboard Warriors!

I'll respond to this bizarre comment with this image taken from a designer's fb.

This keyboard warrior hopes for a remake of the 1996 show...

May be an image of text

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 3

On 5/7/2023 at 6:41 AM, nsxanax said:

Indeed. Same pic that’s on CrownSITE. 

I’m guessin’ DCI doesn’t require NDA’s, and a staff member can shop their talents simultaneously between or among corps?

Crown and Regiment aren't really in the same competitive sphere at the moment, so I don't imagine it'll be an issue. And it would seem she's a designer for both, akin to the Rennicks writing for both SCV and Troopers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I'll respond to this bizarre comment with this image taken from a designer's fb.

This keyboard warrior hopes for a remake of the 1996 show...

May be an image of text

My vote would be a remake/update of Star ‘91, but that’s a windmill that folks have been tilting at for decades. Perhaps ‘93 would be more apropos—Harloff was Star DM—but I think Crown did Barber justice with Relentless😉