Carolina Crown 2023

12 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

Wow. Really liked what I saw. Visual was hard to pick up with my old eyes. LOVE the music. Guard looks great. Drill looks in line with what is winning. This has me really excited. This is my favorite show of theirs already since 2015. Seems to in line with how awesome they were 2006-2015. Really excited . Cannot wait to see more.

Ya guard looks great. BD and Crown guards both looking very promising and ambitious this season … cant wait to see what BAC, Bloo, Blue Stars guards are bringing this summer, too. 

Crown definitely doing some modern visual stuff but their traditional drill is very pleasing this year! It doesn’t feel totally new school to me. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3

Caught the video of Crowns show last night, and this seems to be a very promising performance. While there's still room for improvement across the board (particularly in the visual department), it seems that the guard and percussion may have finally caught up to the brass at the same time. I look forward to watching this show develop more so than last years. I believe if they play their cards right, they could be contending. 

ēode Coroune!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Caught the video of Crowns show last night, and this seems to be a very promising performance. While there's still room for improvement across the board (particularly in the visual department), it seems that the guard and percussion may have finally caught up to the brass at the same time. I look forward to watching this show develop more so than last years. I believe if they play their cards right, they could be contending. 

ēode Coroune!

You need to get with Granny Smith & have a reminisce about years past.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Every corps caption head leaves during tour at some point. You know that right? 

Matt Harloff was there last night. He just let another conduct, from what I heard.

• Thanks 1

Having definitely not seen a much higher quality video,  I am definitely not more excited about this product.  In fact not seeing the closer left me a bit frustrated which.....means the design "had me in it's vile claws".    Holy french toast Batman,  this is a tasty breakfast...err... drum corps production.   

As Grandpa mentioned: the rest of the captions seem to have caught up.  Guard is going to be  lights out very soon;  dare I say visions of Z's may be in their future.  Percussion book is both musical, meaty, and most importantly not out-of-step with contemporaneous offerings.  Visual is coherent, guard is well-staged, visual vocabulary encompasses a LOT of different skills,.....

And the music?  #### Crown sounds good in darkness! 

Well I could go on but I'd be accused of HONKING. 

And brother am I honking!  

Loudly.

Go Crown!

Edited by karuna
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, karuna said:

Having definitely not seen a much higher quality video,  I am definitely not more excited about this product.  In fact not seeing the closer left me a bit frustrated which.....means the design "had me in it's vile claws".    Holy french toast Batman,  this is a tasty breakfast...err... drum corps production.   

As Grandpa mentioned: the rest of the captions seem to have caught up.  Guard is going to be  lights out very soon;  dare I say visions on Z's may be in their future.  Percussion book is both musical, meaty, and most importantly not out-of-step with the contemporaneous offerings.  Visual is coherent, guard is well-staged, visual vocabulary encompasses a LOT of different skills,.....

And the music?  #### Crown sounds good in darkness! 

Well I could go on but I'd be accused of HONKING. 

And brother am I honking!  

Loudly.

Go Crown!

I'll do it before someone less friendly comes along.

goose-honk.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Having just caught the higher quality video myself, visually they are much cleaner than the original video let on. I was also told that they had a prop that was in Prop ICU that was hindered during rehearsal Friday night. Looking forward to seeing the production with that addition as well. 

Also, the ending of what they performed last night is also a mash up of Relentless and the infamous Mello rip. A combination I never knew I needed.

• Like 3