Carolina Crown 2023

3 hours ago, Vuitton said:

He ain't banned. I've seen him post. At least I think I have. Will have to search.

I think I was thinking of PopcornEater. Oops.

And who is Poppycock? I shudder to ask.

I thought you might be the new civilized Poppycock .. Vuitton? 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, BWise said:

Where did Poppycock go this year. Double secret probation ? 

Mr. Blutarsky. Zero point zero...

4 hours ago, BWise said:

Brass firmly has their feet under them and I think Harloff has been on scene as it seems suddenly this MORE massive wall of sound has appeared. Massive. 

Harloff is probably at the top of the list for DCI brass improvement, but you're talking about Crown's great brass staff.  They couldn't get more volume out of the brass?  Or is this the time of a season where they start pushing for more sound no matter who's running the rehearsal?

1 hour ago, BWise said:

I thought you might be the new civilized Poppycock .. Vuitton? 

I actually thought this too for a second 😅😂 no offense to Vuitton!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, TOC said:

Harloff is probably at the top of the list for DCI brass improvement, but you're talking about Crown's great brass staff.  They couldn't get more volume out of the brass?  Or is this the time of a season where they start pushing for more sound no matter who's running the rehearsal?

You’re over thinking my statement. 
Of course their entire staff is part of their tremendous brass performance.. and yes it’s that time of the season. Harloff is a special person too that has some pretty high skills in getting that extra 1% and a tremendous motivational figure in the entire activity including Crown’s brass MM. Not intended as a slight to anyone … you’re taking a good thing and trying to make it a bad thing. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, BWise said:

You’re over thinking my statement. 
Of course their entire staff is part of their tremendous brass performance.. and yes it’s that time of the season. Harloff is a special person too that has some pretty high skills in getting that extra 1% and a tremendous motivational figure in the entire activity including Crown’s brass MM. Not intended as a slight to anyone … you’re taking a good thing and trying to make it a bad thing. 

And the brilliance of Crown's hornline is that it is not all about the loud, but the nuance.  And whatever volume they're bringing, it is brought with the best TQ, blend, and clarity. It is always easier to start toward the loud extremes and add in the nuances than to do the opposite.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Vuitton said:

He ain't banned. I've seen him post. At least I think I have. Will have to search.

I think I was thinking of PopcornEater. Oops.

And who is Poppycock? I shudder to ask.

I wish I could post a pic of the profile page -- you could probably search for it. It says banned and last visit was May 22 (2023 I assume).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I blocked that account several seasons ago.

CBD, good to see you posting! 

Been missing your astute observations & commentary.👑👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

CBD, good to see you posting! 

Been missing your astute observations & commentary.👑👍

Thx! I had to take a break. For a while, things were going a bit downhill around here. Hopefully, it will be better now. 

• Like 3