Carolina Crown 2023

I bet you tomorrows run is going to be much cleaner and with more energy because tonight definitely injected confidence into this corps. 

• Like 3

This might have been my headphones, but does it sound to y’all like they added more volume on the lower end balance wise from the last big hit until the end in the ballad? It sounded more meaty and full tonight. 

• Like 1

Went searching to see if there was a video from tonight but not expecting to actually find one but to my surprise theres one up. Man...they're going for it...those new brass bits seems to have energized them. You'd think learning the new parts they'd be a bit dirtier but nope. This show is really getting there. 

Edited by WildcatMello
  • Like 3

Me thinks the crown set is going to be a “company front” crown set, as in the crown set moves forward in half time from the last hit to the end (Last 32 counts of the show). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Me thinks the crown set is going to be a “company front” crown set, as in the crown set moves forward in half time from the last hit to the end (Last 32 counts of the show). 

I would say it’s set up as just a tweak of the final set as it is right now. It’s already pretty close to one with the guard outline and props in the back. They’ve made planned changes (not necessarily huge ones) right up into finals week under Subel so I would expect the same this year.

• Like 3

Love the changes, but for them to move up or win they need to Maxines their impact point points, more rubato and stretch and add to the ending of big phases. They have to high lite the guard soloist into a cohesive storyline. Every moment seems to build into a short inpact, add four counts to the ballad hit. Add more stretch an pull since your going for that anyway. The ending obviously has to change to add a crown, and maybe a big pullover to push it over the top. So many moments are all most great….but they still lack the last touch. Obviously they sound fantastic, but they also sound kind of rushed, and with this particular show it seems everything needs to feel in the pocket and stretched from there to give the ge they are wanting. There is still more growth to come and as a CC fan I hope they are it. They have made great strides from the Texas shows so I’m interested to see what they have left to do. And can I just preach that the Arthur character had to be a stand out in the show….he seems so lost in the production that it almost doesn’t make sense sometimes. I mean with all the fabrics and stuff they have at their hands you could just add some sequins and it would work better. The visual is just bland in a way that won’t help them. Hopefully they will continue to add. 

• Like 2

Wearing my black Crown polo shirt and The Wife has her Relentless tour shirt on for today's regional. Unfortunately, we'll be rooting from afar -- too darn hot! (Hmmmm -- possible show theme?)

Just showed this to The Wife before posting. She reminded me of Inferno. (That shirt is in the dryer.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1