Carolina Crown 2023

Rewatched the show from the lower end view, Brass was Stellar and will be freaking top notch come finals! I can see why percussion was dinged a lot on achievement specially in part 4 & 5 they had a lot of clarity issues. Hopefully they can work on that and get it crisp so the judges can reward them more. 

Guard is wicked good but, they need to get back to the higher achievement they had at the beginning of the season, the wind has been kicking there butts and letting that affect them lately ( mainly rifles ). 

• Like 1

It’s a show day!

Should be a fun show today. Excited to see crown show out for the home crowd. I expect crown to be electric today, and wouldn’t be surprised if the crown set is unveiled tonight however it will probably be an Allentown or later thing. 

• Like 2

Hmm. Just hitting the ATL airport. I’m guessing we can watch from our seats since gates are at 15:30? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, karuna said:

Nice stadium!

qUjhXEQ.jpg

Clear skies? NightBeat and no threat of rain? Wow! Seems like almost every year we’ve gone there it rained or threatened to rain. Still recall 2016 when severe rain hit right before Crown was going to perform - they never did that year. Too bad because the home crowd was ready to go nuts for them. 

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Clear skies? NightBeat and no threat of rain? Wow! Seems like almost every year we’ve gone there it rained or threatened to rain. Still recall 2016 when severe rain hit right before Crown was going to perform - they never did that year. Too bad because the home crowd was ready to go nuts for them. 

Rained yesterday — a lot.   Turned my 1.5 hr  DCA->GSO flight into a 6hr flight!   (Mostly in the terminal but still).  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, karuna said:

At the stadium. Ensemble at 330

LlODxcw.jpg

That’s a beautiful paint color

looks a little like the Aventurine Red BMW uses 

32 minutes ago, karuna said:

Looks that way!   Honestly I want to *hear* more than anything.  

K .. I want it all.  Lol

Including the 👑 set and the baby .. 

• Like 3