Carolina Crown 2023

4 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Now you’re making me wonder — when’s the last time a Crown set fit their theme this literally? The horse show qualifies, but surely there’s a more recent one? 

I’ll make a loose argument for the end of Inferno - ya know, if ya wanna get all Jesus-y with it. 

or, e=mc2 because im pretty sure you can make Einstein on the Beach into whatever you want it to be, so, royal it is. 🙂

no, there is no show, no moment, no opportunity greater than now to crown it up. At this point, it’s like BD doing Tempus Blue in yellow and pink - or it’s 1989 and SCV decides not to have the phantom disappear…or, or…….

i kinda chuckled at some other thoughts of drum corps not doing what they did or was expected, like Star 91 does the cross, all the drill, and the  ends in a scatter. Womp womp.

anyway…yes. Crown. With a crown. In the crown show. Go Crown. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Bneat said:

anyway…yes. Crown. With a crown. In the crown show. 

i always knew Clue was rigged…

• Haha 3

Does anyone know if crowns rehearsals are open to the public?   We did not get Allentown tickets and I would like to show my daughter who is starting band this year what it’s like.   I know they are in Nazareth, just don’t know if they are open….

thanks!!! 

57 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

i always knew Clue was rigged…

Oh I know...They could a crown set with flames....flames on the sides of their face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, justafan78 said:

Does anyone know if crowns rehearsals are open to the public?   We did not get Allentown tickets and I would like to show my daughter who is starting band this year what it’s like.   I know they are in Nazareth, just don’t know if they are open….

thanks!!! 

I went today and they were open to the public.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justafan78 said:

thanks!!! 

Usually, Crown rehearsals are always open to the public unless the venue itself doesn’t allow it (like BD a few weeks ago being on a military base).

2 hours ago, justafan78 said:

What time is a good time to go?

Depends what you want to see. Ensemble is usually after dinner starting around 7pm or so on non-show days. Music and visual work is usually in the morning/afternoon. All of that changes during a show day, just depends on travel and show time.

I say 👑 set is tomorrow night. Can I get some back up here ? 

Dang .. those GE numbers tonight AND Bloo closing that gap like crazy . . I have no idea what to expect come tmrw night  

• Like 2