Carolina Crown 2023

7 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Crownies must be very happy of the result tonight, GE music judge that gave them first happens to be one of my past HS band directors, every time I see his name on the sheets, usually music analysis, music GE, i know he will have a pretty favorable opinion for Crown🫡

I was going to say, "let's hope the other judges on Saturday" have the same read on Crown, but then I saw he gave the same overall score as the other GE2, so I believe they wil be fine in that caption....plus it's the music-focused judges in GE2, which is Crown's strength.

Someone on here pointed out to "just look to see where Crown is at the top, to determine which of GE1/GE2 is the music-focused judge(s)". Turns out to be solid advice.

8 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

It has to be the inconsistencies because I thought they were better than bloos guard and yet bloo scored higher.

I thought Bloo's guard was the tightest of the night on flag. Everyone seemed to be in perfect sync. The top 4 guards are all great this year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Crown definitely deserved to be second tonight, they were that good tonight. They haven’t been that good since 2013, IMO.

Excuse me, Officer! 2015? 

2015 was my favorite Crown show ever, and their 2023 show is my favorite since 2015, so me happy. Happy! Happy! Happy!

• Like 1

Oh man they added a crescendo at the end of the ballad that just sent me. Ugh. Perfectly placed. 

Some of these impact moments are soooo much more impactful now that they are squeeeeeeaky clean visually and musically. Wow. 

• Like 1

What’s crazy is this show can still grow a lot before finals night too. So much potential this snow has. They have added and cleaned literally every show since Atlanta. 

Also I hate that Flo changed camera angles literally as soon as the purple silk came out at the end. That was meant to be seen from the high cam perspective. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 90svet said:

I was going to say, "let's hope the other judges on Saturday" have the same read on Crown, but then I saw he gave the same overall score as the other GE2, so I believe they wil be fine in that caption....plus it's the music-focused judges in GE2, which is Crown's strength.

Someone on here pointed out to "just look to see where Crown is at the top, to determine which of GE1/GE2 is the music-focused judge(s)". Turns out to be solid advice.

Oh yes I know, that’s why I said they did music GE in particular. I do think Crown will have a steady GE score this time around, especially when they were able to take one of the 4 judges away from BD, it bodes well.

3 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Crown has quite a fight on their hands, but as we have often seen, anything is possible. Crown's 96.975 last night was their second highest Prelims score ever, just behind 2013 Prelim's 97.05, when they finished just behind the Blue Devils.

Crown would go on to jump 1.2 points after their 2013 Semis performance to 98.25, jumping the Blue Devils and never looking back through Finals night 2013. 

Typically scores do adjust a bit downward on Finals night, but this could easily end up being Crown's second highest scoring show ever. The mark to beat: 97.65 set in 2012.

It could go many ways. I’d love to see Crown pick up traction and run across the finish line with a win. But BC and BAC are hungry too so will not be a walk in the park. 

• Like 2