Phantom Regiment 2023

10 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I too miss the “frank is an american bad@ss” of it all … 

I watched Regiment 94 on DVD the other day. I never got to be in stands when the Regiment streamers (TP?) were thrown. Or I don't remember seeing any in 02, 04-08 BI (before Indy). Wish I couldve witnessed that... 

If they look like they're trending toward top six by finals week, Regiment should sell them for finals night.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I watched Regiment 94 on DVD the other day. I never got to be in stands when the Regiment streamers (TP?) were thrown. Or I don't remember seeing any in 02, 04-08 BI (before Indy). Wish I couldve witnessed that... 

If they look like they're trending toward top six by finals week, Regiment should sell them for finals night.

First time streamers were used was 1982 Spartacus- when Romans killed the rebels the red streamers was the bloodshed.  In 1983 they were multi-color at end of 1812 Overture; crowd had them too.  

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 5:30 PM, SJugster said:

What I don't get is the comments in this forum from many that say things like BS/Cavies have more of an upside on Regiment. Can someone explain how a corps who is 3 points below another corps and the gap is being widened have a higher upside?

These are the same people who predicted that phantom regiment would be in 10th place this year.. these people also say that everyone from SUV went to troopers or mandarins. They do not take into account the staff at phantom argument. These guys have done a lot and they have superior resumes. They are not going to start a show early that has no upside potential. People think just because you are relatively clean early in the year that that is all you are doing. You can be clean and still at onto your show. Basically a lot of people on here have no clue what they are talking about or they are just putting out clickbait to get replies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

These are the same people who predicted that phantom regiment would be in 10th place this year.. these people also say that everyone from SUV went to troopers or mandarins. They do not take into account the staff at phantom argument. These guys have done a lot and they have superior resumes. They are not going to start a show early that has no upside potential. People think just because you are relatively clean early in the year that that is all you are doing. You can be clean and still at onto your show. Basically a lot of people on here have no clue what they are talking about or they are just putting out clickbait to get replies.

This.  But even clueless people can have opinions....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I like your style 😉

I wasn't trying to set up any animosity but trying to learn. I know corps will go up and down for a number of reasons (show changes that work/don't, tired members, good/bad moral, lighting in a bottle, etc...)  just curious why the same comment was mentioned a number of times. Once is ignorable (not a word but I made it up and it works), twice is interesting and 10+ is noticeable and was curious. All in all it is just conjecture this early in the season.

With that said I was told there are some changes going in soon including at least one tonight. Not sure what they are but i hope they are impactful. 

3 hours ago, SJugster said:

I wasn't trying to set up any animosity but trying to learn. I know corps will go up and down for a number of reasons (show changes that work/don't, tired members, good/bad moral, lighting in a bottle, etc...)  just curious why the same comment was mentioned a number of times. Once is ignorable (not a word but I made it up and it works), twice is interesting and 10+ is noticeable and was curious. All in all it is just conjecture this early in the season.

With that said I was told there are some changes going in soon including at least one tonight. Not sure what they are but i hope they are impactful. 

People sometimes repeat things a number of times to try and make it like a fact, even though it is not.  The old saying if you repeat something enough times...etc.  Not just these forums that does this to be sure.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

First time streamers were used was 1982 Spartacus- when Romans killed the rebels the red streamers was the bloodshed.  In 1983 they were multi-color at end of 1812 Overture; crowd had them too.  

I remember we used to sell rolled streamers at the souvie truck for a few seasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SJugster said:

Looking forward to tonight. It better not rain! Knowing the brass staging for several prominent impacts, I have tickets in the blast zone tonight 🙂

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Phantom Argument is a pretty appropriate nickname. 😂 Especially during the St. Angel years. 😂

• Haha 2