Phantom Regiment 2023

58 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Dare I say....they're making me like the use of their tarps?   I mean... I know... but this one is really effective in framing the field, the off set makes the drill and pit placement pop.  They're not marching over it most of the time, and when they do go onto it, they do in ways that make sense.  Not just "There's a tarp down, we're marching over it to get over there though."   

The last time I saw tarps used in ways that really made sense might have been Blue Stars' anniversary show in 2014.  But there, they were long strips to make the house plan on the field, and while sometimes they'd move the drill through the doorways into other rooms, other times they were marching directly over it and there were falls.  

The tarps are nice and they tie nice to how the props are used, and definitely glad they don't march backwards while playing on them.

Many of us can probably tune out the white yard lines, hash marks, and multi colored team logo center field, but while the tarps are nice by themselves, the white field markings and the (Indy) Colts helmet will make the tarps not quite as effective. But, I don't think tarps are ever worth it, although Bluecoats' Tilted frame was cool. Sorry, I'm rambling. 

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Thought you were checking out? I personally would too if each of my comments was consisting from a personal attack on the person I was replying to. 

What numbers or events in the past decade or so of drum corps makes you think that the activity is “sufficiently large enough to cycle through new people?” Did the season long shut down of SCV suggest that? Perhaps the historically short DCI tour this summer? 

The point that you are missing is that these “lowest common denominators” are people who we should be focused on further engaging so that they can become more hardcore fans of DCI and help keep the activity alive. The only one suggesting a hierarchy of fan or person is you. If they are contributing to the survival of the activity, they are valuable. 

Out of respect for the Phantom Regiment thread (you know, the corps that got me this interested in drum corps back when I was a “lowest common denominator”), I will be ACTUALLY checking out. If you would like to continue, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, I am not going to engage with someone who has to continually resort to personal attacks to make their point. 

Jeez, guys. You know, there are a core of us who talk on this forum nearly year round. We never get our panties in a wad over freakin grammar. Stop being snowflakes or start your own sub to fight about who gets their feelings hurt the easiest. The rest of us could not care less. 

waiting to see how long it takes for my comment to hurt someone’s feelings 😂

Edited by PRomoter
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Dare I say....they're making me like the use of their tarps?   I mean... I know... but this one is really effective in framing the field, the off set makes the drill and pit placement pop.  They're not marching over it most of the time, and when they do go onto it, they do in ways that make sense.  Not just "There's a tarp down, we're marching over it to get over there though."   

The last time I saw tarps used in ways that really made sense might have been Blue Stars' anniversary show in 2014.  But there, they were long strips to make the house plan on the field, and while sometimes they'd move the drill through the doorways into other rooms, other times they were marching directly over it and there were falls.  

I am surprised that I really like them as well. They make sense and they frame the fields well. A Spartacus thumbs up from me. 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 9:07 PM, Cappybara said:

Or we can just agree to disagree right now 

Did you  change your mind yet?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Did you  change your mind yet?

On the uniforms? No. But the show is so good it doesn’t even matter. My favorite show of the season 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PRomoter said:

Jeez, guys. You know, there are a core of us who talk on this forum nearly year round. We never get our panties in a wad over freakin grammar. Stop being snowflakes or start your own sub to fight about who gets their feelings hurt the easiest. The rest of us could not care less. 

waiting to see how long it takes for my comment to hurt someone’s feelings 😂

As stated in my last comment, I ended the conversation out of respect to you core people who are here year round 🙂 

Edited by Cappybara

Marsha Hansen!  How great they went back to interview her on the experience.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

As stated in my last comment, I ended the conversation out of respect to you core people who are here year round 🙂 

We appreciate it, Cappy 😁

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I will say I have to agree here. I've like them ONE TIME and this is that one time lol. And it's exactly as you said. It's the staging of it and how it's used to actually enhance the actual flow of movement in the show. That makes it more than a one dimensional esthetic thing for me. 

Now. No more tarps. Ever

• Like 3

This is one of my favorite shows of the season ( 4th favorite)!

I can't wait to see all the changes they've made to it.

I think I will have seen them 8 times live this year ( of course 3 times at finals week).

They sound great! Their show is interesting. They look good. The props are interesting. What's not to love?

• Like 2