Phantom Regiment 2023

43 minutes ago, billj said:

Would opening the LOS roof and having an alien ship land at the end of the show be penalized? Might be worth it 😀

Perhaps the mothership beams them up? I love it!

Actually the music that would fit more would be Battlestar Galactica. 🙂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Actually the music that would fit more would be Battlestar Galactica. 🙂

buck-rogers-twiki-wallpapers_17099_1024x

receiving the gold medal…

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, billj said:

Would opening the LOS roof and having an alien ship land at the end of the show be penalized? Might be worth it 😀

Someone mentioned opening LOS roof???

I must oblige them...:peek:

5 hours ago, Kopeck said:

For several years the Regiment has been lagging behind in the Percussion sub caption. They have to find a way to improve this in the upcoming years. Visually I thought they are doing great! A marked improvement over the last several years. Love this show no matter where they finish and believe the future is bright for them.

Agreed. And in a year where the top 4 lines are SO close, you can't rely on being a one trick pony. Rennick writes great books, so the content should be there unless they've done some watering to clean it up. The content is NOT the same level as the top 4 lines, but you have to match your talent level.

Also, I still feel like the FE needs another season to gel. It's better than last year in regard to listening front to back but there's still some hair on that biscuit. The flat line is pretty solid and will just need to drum together. Maybe some them will get to all play together in WGI. That's a huge advantage in my book. Bass line sounds great. 

Apart from the percussion, I feel like the guard work was solid. Recoveries seemed pretty quick on the few misses I saw. The biggest thing I can really say stands out is just the feet. They're in time but look dirty in certain places. I'm sure the change of style will solidify in the coming seasons.

Whether 5th or 7th, the MM's, staff and volunteers deserve our thanks and praise for a hell of a year. I don't usually say the SUTA thing because I feel like that's for PR's marching family (my personal opinion and no judgement on anyone else intended or implied,) but da*m it, SUTA! You cats are awesome and I dig ya' with all my heart. 

Best of luck and I'm proud to at least be a fan. Remember these days ladies and gentlemen of PR. Leave it all on the field. Dare to be excellent. Don't take no for an answer and be proud of what you and your corps family have accomplished. I can tell you from at least my personal experience, it stays with you your whole life.

Thank You Phantom Regiment

Eric

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, gak27 said:

Someone mentioned opening LOS roof???

I must oblige them...:peek:

Madison’s 1988 show was the “winner” and was, without a doubt, the loudest show of the season.  It could never have been played in an enclosed stadium with the same emotion, none of the corps of the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s could.  Today’s DCI championship crowd and members will never know the awesome sound and power of a DCI finals week hornline in an open stadium.  The top 5 or 6 corps back then could play as precise at deafening decibels (ffff) as they could at mf / f.  Combine all that sound with the speeds at which many marched and played, it was unreal.  1990 Star of Indiana instantly comes to mind.  There was no need for props then.  The marching members were the props!  

Edited by Land_Surfer
  • Like 1