Blue Devils in the Details 2023

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Sorry I Caved! LOL I couldn't help it.

This show is already kicking up dust in it's imperfect state, Three pieces of the rep left off, which is the closer to complete, with such a rough yet so very strong, and fun show. I love it!

Someone said earlier in the year that if you like previous recent blue devil shows you’ll like this one . Would you say that sounds pretty accurate based on what you saw and heard? 

2 hours ago, jameseuph said:

Meh.

short for — gimMeh more. i agree! 😇

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Someone said earlier in the year that if you like previous recent blue devil shows you’ll like this one . Would you say that sounds pretty accurate based on what you saw and heard? 

Yes.. It also not just only if you like BD recent shows, but this also have BD 90s and 00s Vibes.. It's very fun, high energy, jazzy...... It's really entertaining in the BD way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Yes.. It also not just only if you like BD recent shows, but this also have BD 90s and 00s Vibes.. It's very fun, high energy, jazzy...... It's really entertaining in the BD way.

IMO … you can see a throughline from early 90s BD (like 91-94) —> Cabaret Voltaire —> this year. It’s like the gen z grandchild/child of those earlier shows for me. 

Also … Gonna be hard for any flag feature this year to top BD’s during the ballad. I couldn’t tell at first but on seeing a better recording, it’s absolutely gorgeous. So, so, so expressive. 

I like BD every year but I’m not usually *this* sold on the design during their first performance. But I absolutely adore this show. And the sopranos during that ballad …………….. Yeah. It’s gonna be a good year. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

That’s music to my ears, because that’s music to my ears.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

IMO you can see a throughline from early 90s BD (like 91-94) —> Cabaret Voltaire —> this year. It’s like the gen z grandchild/child of those earlier shows for me.

Also … Gonna be hard for any flag feature this year to top BD’s during the ballad. I couldn’t tell at first but on seeing a better recording, it’s absolutely gorgeous. So, so, so expressive. 

I like BD every year but I’m not usually *this* sold on the design during their first performance. But I absolutely adore this show. 

Perfectly Said.. It's exactly those elements throughline of those years.

Yes the ballad flag feature is really gorgeous, it's staged so well and the dance feature of the guard is really beautiful.. It flows from the dance to the flags is breath taking..

For you to be this sold on the show this early is saying alot. I've been on reddit, discord and all those fellows are really already impressed, they are loving what they see. They are usually very badly critical towards BD. One fellow said: He used to hate but have since regretted hating on BD last season show as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I was very excited to hear the classic BD jazz sound again!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I was very excited to hear the classic BD jazz sound again!

Absolutely.. It's the best

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Absolutely.. It's the best

It will certainly bring back a lot of "former" BD fans who fell in love with that sound.   That late 90's / early 00's sound was just luscious.   Methods of Madness -- dear lord;  hearing the Devils play Bernard Hermann was a treat.  Ran down the stairs for the encore every time I saw them. 

• Like 4