Blue Devils in the Details 2023

7 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Is GE1 more visual and GE2 more music or none of that or does it vary from show to show based on judges? I don't remember how it has been restructured. They won individual visual and music captions, so I dunno. 

It did seem in the GE that they lost, it was with lower achievement scores relative to content, while they put Bloo at equal a/c or outperforming content. So the judges might have been sending the message that you have the program, but don't relax with the achievement level you have now - keep pushing/cleaning. 

It's sometimes easy to forget that the judges ARE there to be helpful.

Someone explained it to me as: GE breakdown follows the structure of the score sheet, which (read left to right) places visual captions before music. So GE 1 = visual, GE 2 = music. They could have been lying but that helped me remember. 

44 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Someone explained it to me as: GE breakdown follows the structure of the score sheet, which (read left to right) places visual captions before music. So GE 1 = visual, GE 2 = music. They could have been lying but that helped me remember. 

That's what I thought, but then I was like - how did they lose visual GE of all things?!! 😂 Say what?! 😄

• Like 3

Just look at what Crown scores. The higher GE scores are the music judges 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lance said:

since when did dci go back to doing separate ge music and get visual? 

It's not separate. They judge the exact same sheet, it's just one set are judges that judge the visual captions as well and the other are judges that also judge the music captions. DCI judges don't judge both music and visual. So GE isn't "split" like it used to be. Instead of GE Visual, its now GE judged by a visual judge and the same with music.

• Like 3

Boy, people in the show thread seem pretty riled up that BD fans aren’t concerned by the supposed “close” gap. A lot of complaining about BD fans but very little to no comments by BD fans in there. Interesting. 

Methinks the gap will be closer to 1 point than 0.5 in Indy 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what caused the frame to not unfurl. Those 2 guard members were trying their darnedest to get it working and then they had to move on…poor things. Haha

Hope they get the logistics ironed out!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

It's really just one person for the most part who wants us to eat crow, which is fine and all. Just wonder if he has any left over crow in his fridge from the multiple times he has been wrong, thinking we haven't noticed and haven't been collecting receipts. 

Now he wants to flap his wings (literally) and gloat the one time he might be right. 

Oh there are multiple people, though I guess one voice is louder than the others.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Boy, people in the show thread seem pretty riled up that BD fans aren’t concerned by the supposed “close” gap. A lot of complaining about BD fans but very little to no comments by BD fans in there. Interesting. 

Methinks the gap will be closer to 1 point than 0.5 in Indy 

Agreed. I think BD throws some cold water on the haters by putting .75 or higher on Crown tonight. 

• Like 5