The Cavaliers 2023

24 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Yes please. We already know it's "Rainbow", we don't need anyone singing something that is already in the horn book. 

At least it isn’t like the Bluecoats narration this year.

A lot of holes last night.  At least one in the color guard and 5-6 in the brass. Really hurt the clarity on a lot of the visual. Lots of cleaning to do with the color guard but the writing is a huge improvement from the last couple of years.  I loved the guard uniforms when they revealed them before the show but was afraid the bright pink and purple accents were a bit too garish and would look cartoonish on the field.  It was actually quite the opposite (at least on video, couldn’t make it to the show this year) very subtle and had a more “formal” look of an actual jacket and pants rather than a spandex bodysuit 

lots of potential with this show both visually and musically.  A lot going on at times, maybe too much, but show clean up nicely 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alextiger said:

A lot of holes last night.  At least one in the color guard and 5-6 in the brass. Really hurt the clarity on a lot of the visual. Lots of cleaning to do with the color guard but the writing is a huge improvement from the last couple of years.  I loved the guard uniforms when they revealed them before the show but was afraid the bright pink and purple accents were a bit too garish and would look cartoonish on the field.  It was actually quite the opposite (at least on video, couldn’t make it to the show this year) very subtle and had a more “formal” look of an actual jacket and pants rather than a spandex bodysuit 

lots of potential with this show both visually and musically.  A lot going on at times, maybe too much, but show clean up nicely 

It’s better to remove demand rather than trying to add it in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, littlejaw said:

Could have taken the 2000 approach and saved the diamond cutter for finals week. But I still really enjoyed the show. I won’t name the other groups people are placing ahead of them that could not keep my attention.

Several groups could not keep my attention.

• Like 2

Re-watching Cavies opening night.  The front ensemble and drum line are really great and have a wonderful book.

• Like 3

This show seems to be a recipe for rapid improvement and surging in scores throughout the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Madisonscoutsfan said:

This show seems to be a recipe for rapid improvement and surging in scores throughout the season. 

Agreed. This design is nuanced, classy and subtle but incredibly hard both visually and musically. I think the judges will score this show well when clean. Excited to see the additions as the season progresses. Equally excited for the edits as well.

10 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed. This design is nuanced, classy and subtle but incredibly hard both visually and musically. I think the judges will score this show well when clean. Excited to see the additions as the season progresses. Equally excited for the edits as well.

...and an ending. I'm sure that'll be added.

Was at the 75th anniversary last night. Several takeaways lead me to believe that the Green Machine will rise quickly to the top of the Cavaliers-Phantom- Bluestars-Cadets- Mandarins tier. 

1. They marched double digit holes in Muncie.

2. They spent their last week of move ins indoors due to smoke. 

3. The MM’s I spoke with to a man shared their “first run” issues with me and acknowledged it was a tough first go. 

4. I heard a full standstill of the show. Granted not moving makes it easier. But when they clean this show they’ll be knocking on the top 5 door they’ve been accustomed to since 2016, save the COVID-infested journey of 2022. 

5. In spite of all the above, they hung in with Bluestars with a week less field time. Stars will be in the rear view mirror by San Antonio. Phantom by Atlanta. Cadets by Allentown. 

You  know I’m a homer. I just see way more demand out their show, and it’s dirty as Pigpen … it’s gonna polish up into a Diamond.