The Cavaliers 2023

The Cavaliers have had an interesting history post-Gaines...

Avg (stdev) placement in his last 9 years: 2.3 (1), with two 1sts

Avg (stdev) placement in the 9 years since: 6.6 (1.8), with two 9ths

Assuming you're okay with doing arithmetic on ordinal numbers...

whole percussion out..wow. feel better guys!

I was there. Only about 2/3rd of the corp at standstill. 

• Like 1

Lots of missing tubas and Percussion. 

My son said Tubas were hit hardest. There were 4 of 16 in the standstill. That said, my son is sick, but it seems to be mild. I think the staff is taking a very cautious approach, focusing on getting them well rather than trying to push a performance in high heat. It also appears this bug has invaded other corps. Some marched last night. It will be interesting to see if this little late July surprise affects things in the next week or so.

The adventure continues. They were leaving earlier than scheduled for Mississippi and there was an issue with the brass bus during EPL....Second issue with the bus. Looks like they are having to arrange for a different charter bus because of parts needed to fix the old one have to be overnighted.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Cavidad said:

The adventure continues. They were leaving earlier than scheduled for Mississippi and there was an issue with the brass bus during EPL....Second issue with the bus. Looks like they are having to arrange for a different charter bus because of parts needed to fix the old one have to be overnighted.

Wow.

A true series of lessons in adversity, although it's easy for me to say from my couch and two decades out from comprable adversities while on tour.

As long as these young men continue to be safe, no reason to believe otherwise, they can totally overcome this too and who knows, if handled properly, could it make the experience better and stronger.

But as I tell many young alum, it should've been this way and they shouldn't have needed to face these adversities to build greatness. Nonetheless, they and future members will build from this and they are still upholding the legacy of their corps.

Wishing any remaining sick a speedy recovery.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1

Man...they can't catch a break.

• Like 1