Bluecoats 2023

43 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Great first show tonight!   Excited to see this thing start to morph and take shape.  

It will bloom!

• Like 1

My retrospective critique...

Brass book needs a few more 'runs'.  That kind of technicality reads better in proficiency and GE than timing and syncopation focused material (even when the timing and syncopation stuff is more difficult and better executed). That's all.

It's going to be another highly competitive season.

Bloo!

• Like 1

This is the show of the year as far as I'm concerned. I'm not predicting a gold necessarily, that 4 way dogfight is going to be too close to call. But I am predicting that this is the show I will be watching and talking about in years to come.

• Like 2

I've only seen the weekend's run-through once, but my initial reaction to Bluecoats was "similar to last year but not as out there as last year." So I'm surprised to see opinions to the contrary - that the show is weirder this year. I'll be watching more...

I think I need to see the closer of this show before I can take it all in and be bought in completely, I just need it to be whole, have that cherry on top to give me that feeling of satisfaction I don’t have quite yet with the whole package. But they have of course started off on a better footing than last year, absolutely

15 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Great first show tonight!   Excited to see this thing start to morph and take shape.  

I thought it was utterly fantastic, but the guard had some first show jitters, and the big green house prop covered some iffy drill behind it. I was on the 30, so I could look around, but a judge on the 50 couldn't see that one.

Got to see one of my buds daughters aging out in the guard though, and she seemed cheery!

• Like 1