Bluecoats 2023

Scavenged up a video and I’ll leave everyone’s opinion to themselves even if I don’t buy it. But anywho, another monster of a show from Bloo. They just really know how to package a show together. And the talent top to bottom? Insane. That hornline is INTENSE. The depth and clarity in that sound already is scary. I’d argue that 19’ was one of their best, if not their best hornline. Could this be challenging that? Where they are now, they’re making a case. Either way, it’s gonna be a fun year as always with them!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

As much as I love Bluecoats, I do get where you are coming from. You are starting to see very identifiable markers that the Bluecoats like to repeat. I have the same complaint about the Blue Devils. The only difference is that I like the tropes that Bluecoats bring which is why I prefer their shows. 

Funny cause I'm the exact opposite. I'd much prefer a BD show any day but plenty of people love what the Bluecoats are doing every year so more power to them. Keep on entertaining. One day I might fall in line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

Funny cause I'm the exact opposite. I'd much prefer a BD show any day but plenty of people love what the Bluecoats are doing every year so more power to them. Keep on entertaining. One day I might fall in line.

I believe we like different aesthetics my friend. 

Just now, ContraFart said:

I believe we like different aesthetics my friend. 

100%. But that's how it should be. If we all liked the same thing, this activity would be dead because everyone would be doing the same thing and then what would we have to talk about on here all day?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

100%. But that's how it should be. If we all liked the same thing, this activity would be dead because everyone would be doing the same thing and then what would we have to talk about on here all day?

amen

33 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Another year, another post of me saying one of these years I WILL enjoy a Bluecoats show like I did in 2015. We'll try again next year...

Btw, percussion can you chill please. Geez

I believe that should read "Btw, defending DCI Fred Sanford award winning percussion can you chill please. Geez"   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Those uniforms...... they are.... well, they are uniforms.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. I guess being an old hippy just makes me dig them. Thematically they make perfect sense. I will say I'm not digging the guard uni's as much as the hornline uni's and I think it's that solid fusia color. It's missing something (maybe a touch of bluecoats blue.)

This show is staggeringly good already. "45" is just tasty. Battery sounds great tuning wise and their pretty darn #### clean for being June. 

This show has a tremendous amount of potential for pure, unadulterated, kick assery. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. I guess being an old hippy just makes me dig them. Thematically they make perfect sense. I will say I'm not digging the guard uni's as much as the hornline uni's and I think it's that solid fusia color. It's missing something (maybe a touch of bluecoats blue.)

This show is staggeringly good already. "45" is just tasty. Battery sounds great tuning wise and their pretty darn #### clean for being June. 

This show has a tremendous amount of potential for pure, unadulterated, kick assery. 

I respect it. Just not my type of beer.

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I respect it. Just not my type of beer.

You’re a lager guy, aren’t ya’?

• Haha 1