Bluecoats 2023

19 hours ago, Maleguena1988 said:

I started thinking about “slotting” and “predictable outcomes”, and it brought me back to 2019, Bluecoats v. Blue Devils. My daughter was in Crossmen Color Guard that year (“Valkyrie” - love that show!), so I was watching her most of the time, but I was totally engrossed in the back and forth, especially starting in San Antonio…they never got more than .25 point for each other all the way to Indy. The race is something we will probably never see again, and it had me on the edge of my seat every night the scores were read. The most exciting race that I could remember, and no…..I am still not over the Finals announcement of “Blue……………….” Just ugh.

2019 was a special year, and Finals night really could have gone either way … so close. 
But BD came out on top, and I don’t begrudge them the victory.

That night I raised a toast in their honor, and as I recall, the drink went down smoothly. 

• Like 3

On 7/23/2023 at 8:40 AM, MikeRapp said:

I wonder if the trombone segment is seen as a bit of a one trick pony. It’s totally unique and interesting but is it worth the amount of time it takes up in the show?

Yes 🫡

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/23/2023 at 10:41 AM, MikeRapp said:

But BD set a record score for the San Antonio event. This could be a replay of Filliniesque in which BD is just too far ahead to catch.

What was the record?  And I don’t see them at this point as too far ahead to catch.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

What was the record?  And I don’t see them at this point as too far ahead to catch.  

Highest score in San Antonio Regional history with a 92.60. Beating the previous score from the 2006 Cavaliers. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Big week including Little Rock round two.  Can’t wait for Friday!  

This is really the week that will determine the rest of the summer (not being too dramatic).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Highest score for that show in DCI history.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

2019 was a special year, and Finals night really could have gone either way … so close. 
But BD came out on top, and I don’t begrudge them the victory.

That night I raised a toast in their honor, and as I recall, the drink went down smoothly. 

Was not upset about who came out on too as much as how it was presented. 

• Like 2