Bluecoats 2023

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Sorry if this was noted earlier, but why wasn’t the Innovations in Brass show scored?

From Mike Scott on Reddit

No scores due to not all corps performing full shows.

Policy is that corps who were judged before weather hit get their numbers privately. Corps in standstill and corps after standstills do not get adjudicated at all. No numbers no commentary.

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Sorry if this was noted earlier, but why wasn’t the Innovations in Brass show scored?

half the corps couldn't perform due to thunderstorms

On 8/7/2023 at 4:21 PM, Maleguena1988 said:

Rain shortened ensemble, but a real nice surprise headed your way during ballad. 

Did they opt to remove the surprise for their Canton performance? I watched on Flo and I don't remember seeing/hearing anything new...

1 hour ago, An_drew said:

Did they opt to remove the surprise for their Canton performance? I watched on Flo and I don't remember seeing/hearing anything new...

The expansion of the “blob” and dynamic change was new to me…the ballad translation from Part 3 (I think it is part 3) is also shorter now. 

Edited by Maleguena1988
  • Thanks 1

I don't pretend to understand how DCI chooses to reward itself as far as judging goes, but bloo's run tonight was incredible to me, and people I trust say a couple captions were pretty off tonight.  If that' "off" I can't wait to see "on" the next 2 nights! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1