CORPS APPEARANCE FEES.

I would like to know this too, I need to know how much I need to put on my GoFundMe page so the Bluecoats can show up at my funeral

• Like 1

I do not know exact $$$$ but I believe the breakdown is based on the previous year finals placement,  1st get top amount, 2nd gets a little less, 3rd and 4th are next level, then 5-8 and 9-16 are the next couple of steps down in performance fees. 17 and below is the lowest. Only World Class corps receive this, the Open Class groups have their own pay based on the finish at the previous years championship.

I'm just asking because it appears DCI will be unable to book Mercedes Benz Stadium next year. Heard they are asking $300,000. Pity, if true, since it is such a great venue.  I assume DCI gets the Alamodome for considerably less, since they have been able to book it for many years running. 

• Sad 1

A few years back there was a chart posted with appearance fees. I believe finalists received about $3,000, non finalist WC about $2,000. OC corps in WC shows $1,500. Exhibition $1,000. Top 3 may have earned more. OC corps we’re not paid for performances in many shows which may have sparked the conversation. I have heard  shows sponsored by corps or organizations rather than DCI sometimes pay incentives for certain corps to appear in their shows. It wouldn’t surprise me if this was true, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

I do not know exact $$$$ but I believe the breakdown is based on the previous year finals placement,  1st get top amount, 2nd gets a little less, 3rd and 4th are next level, then 5-8 and 9-16 are the next couple of steps down in performance fees. 17 and below is the lowest. Only World Class corps receive this, the Open Class groups have their own pay based on the finish at the previous years championship.

last i remember it was 1-8 same amount, 9-17 a lesser amount, and 18- less than that

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Instead of speculating, try clicking on this link to DCI.org, scroll down to "Policies and Procedures".  Appearance fees and the revenue sharing formula are explained on pages 69-71 of that document.

Thanks for the link.  So, in the Policies & Procedures, Policy 211, pg 69, these are World Class rates:

Standard rate:  $2600 per event

Standard non-member rate:  $1800 per event

Standard rate for "Tour of Champions" events:  $5,000

There's lots more information in Policy 211, including Open Class rates.

18 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

I'm just asking because it appears DCI will be unable to book Mercedes Benz Stadium next year. Heard they are asking $300,000. Pity, if true, since it is such a great venue.  I assume DCI gets the Alamodome for considerably less, since they have been able to book it for many years running. 

not surprised at that cost, one of the reasons DCI will stay in Indy. That cost is not abnormal with non-municipal owned stadia, the rumoured cost of the use of LOS is a bargain compared to MBS as you have quoted. DCI is better off using big HS stadium, public College, and muni owned stadiums...like LOS, Like Dome at Americas Center, like Alamodome