The Cadets 2023

4 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Not going to lie - I’m a bit concerned with their draw show placement tonight but I’m hoping judges see things how I do. Cadets should be, at worst, 6th tonight ahead of Mandarines and behind Phantom. I’ve always said give it some time for their more difficult book to overtake Phantom for 5th in the end. Let’s gooo Cadets!!!! 

I loveeee the cadets show this year and now that they’re in my hometown Im full on board supporting them, but mandarins are jumping them. If not tonight, soon. 

• Like 2

Wait. How are the Cadets in the 10th to 12th grouping for today's order? Very confused. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Wait. How are the Cadets in the 10th to 12th grouping for today's order? Very confused. 

The Cadets are not in the 10th-12th grouping, but two of the corps who are in the 7th-9th tier ended up tied, so it was actually a grouping of 4.  I think the judges will have no trouble sorting it out.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, craiga said:

The Cadets are not in the 10th-12th grouping, but two of the corps who are in the 7th-9th tier ended up tied, so it was actually a grouping of 4.  I think the judges will have no trouble sorting it out.

Thanks. I was just curious because it didn't make sense to me. Thank you. I appreciate it. Yes the judging will be fine.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, craiga said:

Let's hope....

• Like 2

Given the draw order performance for the Cadets, I'm very happy with the judges scores - .3 under Phantom and Mandi was expected. You guys are a tough crowd so before you strike the confused emoji, hear me out.

I think both Phantom and Mani are good. While the crowd loves them both, I feel they have reached their peak - more more so Phantom than Mandi.

IF and only IF I'm right, the Cadets made a very strategic play in not performing changes in progress tonight, e.g., drums take over too much (maybe I'm wrong about this after seeing them 4th in percussion tonight), transitions work and HIGH impact drill at the end. If these changes take place and excited well, I'm sticking to my guns and saying Cadets take 5th. 

I am banking on Cadets to roll out changes I hope they have been working on. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Given the draw order performance for the Cadets, I'm very happy with the judges scores - .3 under Phantom and Mandi was expected. You guys are a tough crowd so before you strike the confused emoji, hear me out.

I think both Phantom and Mani are good. While the crowd loves them both, I feel they have reached their peak - more more so Phantom than Mandi.

IF and only IF I'm right, the Cadets made a very strategic play in not performing changes in progress tonight, e.g., drums take over too much (maybe I'm wrong about this after seeing them 4th in percussion tonight), transitions work and HIGH impact drill at the end. If these changes take place and excited well, I'm sticking to my guns and saying Cadets take 5th. 

I am banking on Cadets to roll out changes I hope they have been working on. 

I'm not so sure. We will have to see how this plays out in the next few weeks. But realistically speaking, in this modern age of drum corps, that traditional Cadets' "surge" may be a thing of the past. I REALLY hope I am eating crow by the end of the season. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm not so sure. We will have to see how this plays out in the next few weeks. But realistically speaking, in this modern age of drum corps, that traditional Cadets' "surge" may be a thing of the past. I REALLY hope I am eating crow by the end of the season. 

Well said and agreed

• Like 1

@Cappybara you seem to have laughed off my assessment, which is completely fine. I’d love to hear your POV and respectfully try to understand what was so egregious for you 

• Like 1