The Cadets 2023

Dear Cadets. 

Thank you for a wonderful ride this summer.   It has been incredible watching and tracking your progression thus far.  As you make your way to Indy, remember the journey.  Remember your families who supported you long before you arrived at camp.  Remember the Alumni and history you represent.  Look around you and appreciate your fellow Cadets.  Thank your staff and volunteers for keeping you safe and for sacrificing their summer to be with you.  You will be home soon and your families and friends back home eagerly await your return.   But before you head home, please embrace each other these last few days.  There is still work to be done and history to write.  3 more performances.  3 more rounding ovations.  3 more opportunities for Atlas to Rise.  FHNSAB

See you in Indy very soon! 

• Like 9

In Phoenix catching my connecting flight to Indy!! Already met families from Academy, Mandarins, Blue Devils and even a family from The Cadets! Here we go!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

In Phoenix catching my connecting flight to Indy!! Already met families from Academy, Mandarins, Blue Devils and even a family from The Cadets! Here we go!!

I just arrived in Indy a couple hours ago. Spent the afternoon at the zoo. If you’ve got time, the zoo is wonderful here 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

We are currently at LAX leaving in 30min.

Of course our flight to Indy is delayed one hour. Just my luck lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Flying anymore is just terrible. Me being here means I left my precious Cadets back in Erie. They’re having a special dinner before they head out for Indy tonight 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Yup; my flight last year was delay 8.5 hours so I just drove. Decided to just drive this year.  Of course, some folks don't have a 8 hr drive.  Godspeed!

26 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Could be worse.  I overslept and missed my flight from New Orleans.  But still on track for a 6:00 arrival!

On 8/4/2023 at 10:53 AM, Super Don-O said:

I like the curved bar equipment they use, simulating the weight of the world,

I'm just your opposite.  I find the curved bars visually ineffective as viewed from the stands. 

I know Cadets try to do creative things with them symbolically but the bottom line is that it just doesn't do anything for me.  My reaction isn't "wow, look at the weight of the world being shown by the colorguard," rather my reaction to this creative CG work is either "huh?" or "eh."

• Like 2