The Cadets 2023

18 hours ago, DAYGO said:

The 4th movement.  Almost all new drill, choreo guard book sequence and the introduction of a certain character.  

If it’s not Little Jeffrey I stg …

update: It’s not 😞

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Haha 2

Oh yes that new drill and staging in the fourth part is so much better. And that hornline is really gaining the stamina for that ending, it's sounding nice 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Oh yes that new drill and staging in the fourth part is so much better. And that hornline is really gaining the stamina for that ending, it's sounding nice 

Still calls for some dramatic drill last 15 or so seconds. I anticipate they are working on it now to debut later on.

• Like 4

I think Cadets are being overlooked. This year's show is tremendous. It really has a classic Cadets feel, and that's a huge compliment. It's one of my favorites of the year. The only downsides in my mind are the pointless prop and the choice of uniform. I really see this finishing no lower than 5th, and if anyone is going to have a shot at overtaking any of the top 4 my money is on Cadets.

Santa, if you're listening, have them break out the classic uniform for Finals week so we can watch the crowd lose their collective minds.

• Like 5

On 7/15/2023 at 9:19 AM, Restless said:

Very poor analysis: the actual numbers.

**2022 Brass:**

Bluecoats - 7:25

Blue Stars - 7:22

Phantom Regiment - 7:10

Cadets - 6:30

Cavaliers - 6:07

Blue Devils - 5:57

Carolina Crown - 5:53

Boston Crusaders - 5:48

Santa Clara Vanguard - 5:40

Mandarins - 5:38

Any chance you could do this for 2023?

On 7/9/2023 at 9:50 PM, Eric M. Buckman said:

While this can be described as a wonderfully delightful Cadets show, from the perspective of what the largest group has to offer the Brass, shorts and all, it is a low demand show.  Which means that the guard and battery have to excel beyond belief to make up for everything else. Even if the Brass is flawless musically, the demand isn't really there, otherwise. 

Cadets have always been the outliers, it is why no one ever uses them to explain demand within the context of the Drum Corps idiom, as they have always had one of the higher demands on M/M, historically(while playing).  This show is a definite departure from that, nothing bad, but simply a departure from what, I like many have grown accustomed to since 1982. IMO

But, it 'tis a very nice show.  Keep cleaning, have fun. And remember Placements/scores don't matter. Will this show live on, 10, 20, 30 years from now, will it be talked about, regardless of placement?  That is yet to be seen, and that seemingly is what Cadets have done for the last 40+ years.

Oh no! Though I haven't seen the Cadets yet, if your description is even close to the truth I'm going to hate this. 

The Cadets have been an "outlier" as you say. They often defied the common wisdom, and judges and fans punished them for it when I loved them for it. But throughout the brass was always big and bold. Even among singers and speakers the brass managed to shine. Now? Oh no ...

1 hour ago, Super Don-O said:

Santa, if you're listening, have them break out the classic uniform for Finals week so we can watch the crowd lose their collective minds.

A little birdy told me that some MMs tried doing show movements while wearing their West Points in Bristol after the 4th of July parade and the uniforms ripped, so I do not see any chance of dusting them off for a surpise run. 

They should wear them for finals retreat, time permitting. 

• Thanks 1

Alright tough love time. There comes a point you literally just have to move on from what they are wearing. They made a choice. It is what it is. Their costuming fits the purpose of the show. It's not changing. Move on. 

• Like 7