DCI DAMAGE CONTROL

3 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

SCV’s woes are not the same of so many corps that went out of business before them. 

How so ? It seems to me that SCV outspent its revenues coming in... a familiar and typical reason for most Corps  debt the last 50 years that resulted in this.  So I'm not exactly sure why you believe that the SCV woes are " not the same ". Care to explain ?

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

How so ? It seems to me that SCV outspent its revenues coming in... a familiar and typical reason for most Corps  debt the last 50 years that resulted in this.  So I'm not exactly sure why you believe that the SCV woes are " not the same ". Care to explain ?

Yep… From what I’m reading SCV big income maker (bingo) took a big hit from covid. Haven’t seen anything where SCV leaders tried to change income sources or cut expenses when it hit the fan, just same old same old. What I did read was SCV leaders are looking to add another bingo game to increase revenue. #1 after crap hits fan they LOOK into it? #2 bingo took a huge hit but… we’re going to keep pounding it… kinda like the (cash) cow is drying up but we’re gonna milk her again and hope for the best

Wonder how many other corps are in the same boat coming back after covid. Does DCI (the org and the corps) have the ability to change to meet changing challenges?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

From what I’m reading SCV big income maker (bingo) took a big hit from covid. Haven’t seen anything where SCV leaders tried to change income sources or cut expenses, just same old same old. What I did read was SCV leaders are looking to add another bingo game to increase revenue. #1 after crap hits fan they LOOK into it? #2 bingo took a huge hit but… we’re going to keep pounding it… aka same old, same old 🤦‍♂️

Wonder how many other corps are in the same boat coming back after covid

2x not enough revenue is better than 1x not enough revenue I guess.

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wonder how many other corps are in the same boat coming back after covid. Does DCI (the org and the corps) have the ability to change to meet changing challenges?

We can go back and read DCP's comments from just a couple of years ago on here when Covid arrived on our shores, forcing Corps out of performance competition, that predicted that DC itself would cease to exist. That assessment posted back then is still on here to read for those still interested in the Dooms Day Scenario predictions. Corps had to adjust to that unexpected pandemic, lockdowns, crisis, escalating inflation, and all the rest of it. it is amazing to that DCI survived. But yes, challenges remain, and corps will have to continue to figure how how to navigate the post pandemic era, and adjustments will need to be made. it wasnt that long ago that several World Class Division Corps had between 27-32 show competitions. Last I looked, most all are under 25 now this season, some closer to 20 show competitions now for this season than 30.  Eastern and midwest based Corps used to travel out to Calif. for early season shows every other season or so.. Doubt we'll see that return anytime soon.  The 2023 Season is a bit more constricted travel wise it looks like.  Behind the scenes, I'm sure Corps are doing some cost cutting, increasing new revenue streams, and other things to make it work. But make no mistake, the Corps are being challenged like never before. Anything those of us on here can do to help our favorite Corps or Corps in these trying times, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Algernon said:

When you say "DCI", what do you mean?

DCI IS THE CORPS. they are the governing body. Until a corps screws something up big, then it's all of the corps but that one.

corrected for accuracy and brevity

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lance said:

there is no governing body for DCI other than the governing body that pretends it isn't a governing body when it's inconvenient and is a governing body when it is convenient

not sure the damage needing to controlled is as widespread as the OP implies, and even if it were, individual corps and DCI's (however you define it) first instinct is to ignore damage or sweep it under the rug

TLDR:

toy-monkeys.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=Mzw

the best description i've ever seen....especially for it's accuracy

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

We can go back and read DCP's comments from just a couple of years ago on here when Covid arrived on our shores, forcing Corps out of performance competition, that predicted that DC itself would cease to exist. That assessment posted back then is still on here to read for those still interested in the Dooms Day Scenario predictions. Corps had to adjust to that unexpected pandemic, lockdowns, crisis, escalating inflation, and all the rest of it. it is amazing to that DCI survived. But yes, challenges remain, and corps will have to continue to figure how how to navigate the post pandemic era, and adjustments will need to be made. it wasnt that long ago that several World Class Division Corps had between 27-32 show competitions. Last I looked, most all are under 25 now this season, some closer to 20 show competitions now for this season than 30.  Eastern and midwest based Corps used to travel out to Calif. for early season shows every other season or so.. Doubt we'll see that return anytime soon.  The 2023 Season is a bit more constricted travel wise it looks like.  Behind the scenes, I'm sure Corps are doing some cost cutting, increasing new revenue streams, and other things to make it work. But make no mistake, the Corps are being challenged like never before. Anything those of us on here can do to help our favorite Corps or Corps in these trying times, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Understood and agree… just hoping DCI and the corps realize this is just the start of changes and it ain’t going back to the old normal.

Keep thinking pre and post 9/11. Worked for Dept of Defense and lot of #### changed and stayed changed 

Edited by JimF-LowBari