New drum corps out west

Copied this from dci.org corps updates, under Soundsport section. Since they call themselves a corps, hopefully they can develop the right way and become a full-fledged Open Class corps some day. We need all the new corps we can get (as long as responsibly managed).

The brand-new Boise, Idaho-based Gems Drum & Bugle Corps hosted its very first rehearsal camp in early January. The team posted a highlights video recapping the historic event.

• Like 2

I saw that too and had the same thought initially. Then I thought why not cut them a little slack right out of the gate and starting from scratch. It can't be that easy to bring in a whole BOD of corps/business/managerial experts to any new organization. Give them a little time to get off the ground and work themselves into the community network and see what kind of interest they can draw from the types of folks qualified in those areas. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Have a Larry, Daryl and Daryl comment somewhere but keeps coming out too nasty 🤷🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Reminds me of that one corps started by Scouts alumni that I can't remember the name of. This was in the last 20ish years