Just an idea, SCV

20 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Interesting - it is in New Braunfels / Saguin / San Antonio area.  I was stationed in San Antonio in early 1990s & don’t recall it.  But looking at map it is south of I-35 by the snake farm (which I do recall).  And there is a Buc-ees there as well.   May have a winner here.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Overhaul the BOD entirely.  The structure of the BOD needs a reset/revamp.  Not just a one for one overhaul.  The BOD may need their own independent mission statement of supporting the corps.  Like “ We promise to take care of all  the kids by being wise in spending their money and taking care of their health physically, mentally and emotionally”.   “And we’ll do it by not relying only on Bingo”!

and find revenue without living and dying on bingo

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Interesting - it is in New Braunfels / Saguin / San Antonio area.  I was stationed in San Antonio in early 1990s & don’t recall it.  But looking at map it is south of I-35 by the snake farm (which I do recall).  And there is a Buc-ees there as well.   May have a winner here.  

Schlitterbahn + Buc-ees + Vanguard sounds like heaven to me.

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2023 at 10:27 AM, seinphan said:

Just throwing this out there....

With it becoming more and more difficult and more expensive to do business and run a non-profit in California, would the San Antonio Vanguard make sense? Professional sports teams have made a move before. Garfield is no longer the home of Cadets. 

The Houston Mandarins?

The D/FW Blue Devils?

The property on Space Park Dr. Is worth millions. SCV could use a portion of the sale revenue and relocate in a geographically and financially sensible area with a practice field.

• Like 2