Controversial shows

5 hours ago, gak27 said:

I for one really liked both of those shows...

Don't get me the wrong way, they are not bad shows... not the more popular ones. Which is why I was asking. I wasn't sure if I should characterize it has controversial or due to lack of popularity. 

Again, I don't think they are bad shows... they were just different.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Don't get me the wrong way, they are not bad shows... not the more popular ones. Which is why I was asking. I wasn't sure if I should characterize it has controversial or due to lack of popularity. 

Again, I don't think they are bad shows... they were just different.

Different but not enough to be controversial 

• Thanks 1

I would have thought Cavaliers’ “voting protest fight” featuring opposing members beating each other with HRC and DJT campaign signs would have made this list. 

Someone mentioned Vanguard 2011…for me, it was only controversial because they didn’t play the climax in The Planets/Mars nearly loud enough. The first time I saw it, I thought half the hornline had dropped out. 

As long as we’re here….SCV 2005 attempt to redo SCV 87’s RCM was a blunder of epic proportion and should have placed 11th. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 2:21 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

What I remember about Garfield is seeing their corps flip out and applaud when we played Firebird.  I didn't realize at the time it was because they played it too that year.  Thought it was for us 😬

Are you sure? Phantom played Firebird in ‘07, culminating in their “running like hell out of the block” move during the 2nd half of the push played in halftime. I was there with KAC too and the Phantom age-outs went nuts in front of me, especially when we rushed over the front sideline and in their face.

7 hours ago, TRacer said:

Someone mentioned Vanguard 2011…for me, it was only controversial because they didn’t play the climax in The Planets/Mars nearly loud enough. The first time I saw it, I thought half the hornline had dropped out. 

That was 2012.  2011 was "Devil's Staircase"

7 hours ago, TRacer said:

As long as we’re here….SCV 2005 attempt to redo SCV 87’s RCM was a blunder of epic proportion and should have placed 11th. 

Imagine how it felt to march... after 2004 no less. I happened to still enjoy what I could before I raged out mid season... my first marching show was RCM in high school.  💓  Darn darn darn that bingo money thievery at the time!

The biggest controversy in DCI history to me is that Cavies 91 didn't have a 7th cymbal player marching. 

Animal farm was a giant middle finger to DCI and specifically the G7

1988 Suncoast Sound was a show basically about child abuse

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TRacer said:

I would have thought Cavaliers’ “voting protest fight” featuring opposing members beating each other with HRC and DJT campaign signs would have made this list. 

Cavies played it for humor

5 hours ago, gak27 said:

That was 2012.  2011 was "Devil's Staircase"

Imagine you’re in hell and it’s the design team meeting….

• Haha 1