I evangelize about DCI to everyone, get on my level. :sarcasm:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I evangelize about DCI to everyone, get on my level. :sarcasm:

I used to do that, too … and then I wasn’t invited to parties anymore 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I used to do that, too … and then I wasn’t invited to parties anymore 

That's why you throw your own parties. Put on some bangin' DCI songs and dance like there's no tomorrow. The Bluecoats used to be police, maybe that's why all the cops show up when I blast Tilt out the window.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

That's why you throw your own parties. Put on some bangin' DCI songs and dance like there's no tomorrow. The Bluecoats used to be police, maybe that's why all the cops show up when I blast Tilt out the window.

Correct- Police wore blue jackets, so Corps they started, Bluecoats, was a nod to the police uniform.   I don’t think it works the other direction- we won’t see police wearing uniforms based on 2022 Bluecoats.  Except perhaps the undercover narcotics unit.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 10 months later...

Thank you for sharing this valuable information regarding the hotel block for the 2023 DCI Championships in Indianapolis. It's wonderful to know that The Cadets have arranged a block of 20 rooms at both the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station and the Omni Severin Hotel. This will undoubtedly make the trip more convenient for friends, family, fans, and alumni of the corps attending the event.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, crowleyjf said:

Thank you for sharing this valuable information regarding the hotel block for the 2023 DCI Championships in Indianapolis. It's wonderful to know that The Cadets have arranged a block of 20 rooms at both the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station and the Omni Severin Hotel. This will undoubtedly make the trip more convenient for friends, family, fans, and alumni of the corps attending the event.

I’m staying at the Crowne Plaza this time.  Never stayed there before. 

36 minutes ago, crowleyjf said:

I suppose that Cadets LOS block of tickets is released for purchase by anyone?

Or can one still purchase through Cadets, perhaps giving them a small commission?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Clarity

45 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Or can one still purchase through Cadets, perhaps giving them a small commission?

It probably depends on whether you book through Cadets or the hotel. I believe the way it works is if you book the hotel through an organization’s link on a website, the room has been paid for by the organization in advance. The organization makes more money if they pay for the rooms in advance though it is a risk if the rooms go unbooked. The hotel still handles the reservation and the billing, but if you cancel it is the organization and not the hotel that refunds the money. I know from experience this can be a hassle. I was supposed to attend a convention but could not. I booked the hotel through the organization sponsoring the event. I had to cancel through the hotel but waited two months for a refund. It was all in the agreement so there was nothing underhanded. If you book through the hotel and the organization gives you a promo code, the organization reserves the rooms up until a certain time before the event but does not pay for them and gets a commission. The profit is less, but if the rooms are not booked a few weeks before the event, the organization does not lose money. Refunds for cancellation follow the hotel’s policy. 

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

37 minutes ago, Tim K said:

It probably depends on whether you book through Cadets or the hotel. I believe the way it works is if you book the hotel through an organization’s link on a website, the room has been paid for by the organization in advance. The organization makes more money if they pay for the rooms in advance though it is a risk if the rooms go unbooked. The hotel still handles the reservation and the billing, but if you cancel it is the organization and not the hotel that refunds the money. I know from experience this can be a hassle. I was supposed to attend a convention but could not. I booked the hotel through the organization sponsoring the event. I had to cancel through the hotel but waited two months for a refund. It was all in the agreement so there was nothing underhanded. If you book through the hotel and the organization gives you a promo code, the organization reserves the rooms up until a certain time before the event but does not pay for them and gets a commission. The profit is less, but if the rooms are not booked a few weeks before the event, the organization does not lose money. Refunds for cancellation follow the hotel’s policy. 

@Tim K I believe @IllianaLancerContra was referring to purchasing show tickets.

3 hours ago, crowleyjf said:

This news came out in March 2023. I'm assuming since the Cadets are not active in 2024 that has changed? They announced their inactivity in Oct. 2023.