Tennis Shoes

DCP Family, 

Last season my son went thru quite a few pairs of tennis shoes throughout the DCI season. While I understand and expected this to happen, is there a certain brand and/or shoe that seemed to work best to handle and hold up during the rigors of tour, based off your experiences? 

He would normally get a hole on the top part of the shoe, mainly due to pointing his toes upward as he marched, based off what he told me. He does have very wide and large feet (Size 13), not sure if that plays a factor. 

Durability and comfort is the priority, not concerned with price. 

Any and all suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

I'm hardly one to offer fashion advice. I'm about a step away from transforming totally into my Dad complete with dark socks with the sneakers and Bermuda shorts.  The Ayatollah calls me a Walking Fashion Embarrassment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

DCP Family, 

Last season my son went thru quite a few pairs of tennis shoes throughout the DCI season. While I understand and expected this to happen, is there a certain brand and/or shoe that seemed to work best to handle and hold up during the rigors of tour, based off your experiences? 

He would normally get a hole on the top part of the shoe, mainly due to pointing his toes upward as he marched, based off what he told me. He does have very wide and large feet (Size 13), not sure if that plays a factor. 

Durability and comfort is the priority, not concerned with price. 

Any and all suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

A lot of my knee replacement friends swear by Hokas.  Jim wears them, too.  I wore New Balance in the early 2000’s when I decided it was a good idea to march again in my 40’s.   

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm hardly one to offer fashion advice. I'm about a step away from transforming totally into my Dad complete with dark socks with the sneakers and Bermuda shorts.   

Please don't tell us you're wearing white sox instead.

41 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Marching Health article about best marching arts shoes

https://www.marchinghealth.com/marching-healths-top-shoes-for-drum-corps-in-2023/

Awesome! Thank you so much for this!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TOC said:

Please don't tell us you're wearing white sox instead.

White ankle socks are acceptable.  I don't wear anything else except dress socks.