Tennis Shoes

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s a good list. I still can’t lay off of the New Balance sneakers. 

I wear black New Balance sneakers as dress shoes. With my toe problems I have to wear a wide width shoe.

And march with toes pointed up? Gotta be hard on the toe joints with daily drill, etc. But I blame my big toe joint replacement on mark time on asphalt. 🥵

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I wear black New Balance sneakers as dress shoes. With my toe problems I have to wear a wide width shoe.

And march with toes pointed up? Gotta be hard on the toe joints with daily drill, etc. But I blame my big toe joint replacement on mark time on asphalt. 🥵

Part of my physical therapy now is walking heel to toe. Oh the irony. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If you're already a fan of Adidas, the Ultra Boost (whatever year is the latest model) is a proven 'ol' reliable.' Feather light, good soles not done over the top like Sketchers or Brooks. Last season a pair went out white in May, came back grey in August but with the upper and sole intact without any obvious holes in the top part. https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Mens-Ultraboost-Running-Shoe/dp/B0BLHW1965 It's sure to last through this shorten season.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

A pair of white bucks! Slather those shoes up with some Kiwi Shoe Polish, a coating of Krylon Spray Paint, and they will be indestructible! :thumbup:

But your son will be lame … and traumatized 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Probably a good idea to get on internet & find a local sports-shoe place that has professional expertise (vs kid making minimum wage in mall shoe store).  Look for place that offers orthopedic athletic shoes.  

And maybe a foot doctor to get advice and look for problems that the person doesn’t know about. 

17 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s a good list. I still can’t lay off of the New Balance sneakers. 

Heh.  I've been wearing NB 608s (original, not the v2, v3, or whatever other "updates" they have) for going on 30 years. There've been a few times when I forced myself to try something else, but nothing else fits as well or lasts as long. Plus you can still get them for under $50!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1