Sky Ryders, The Return?

With a renewed website and possibly new activity and events. Are they back in Kansas? 

With a nod to the past, the Sky Ryders Performing Arts Foundation looks to the future to provide marching arts opportunities for generations to come. Our Board of Directors has grand plans to create a sustainable platform for various ensemble types over the next few years.

Edited by resipsaloquitur
  • Like 2

Hopefully its not another Magic of Orlando type situation that happened recently

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is literally in the about at the bottom of the homepage...

"With a nod to the past, the Sky Ryders Performing Arts Foundation looks to the future to provide marching arts opportunities for generations to come. Our Board of Directors has grand plans to create a sustainable platform for various ensemble types over the next few years."

19 hours ago, fighterkit said:

Hopefully its not another Magic of Orlando type situation that happened recently

That would be Tragic!

:dancin:

They moved from Hutchinson, KS to Texas, maybe the DFW area but still couldn't make it work.

I'd be interested to know what decisions led to the situation where they folded.

Side ?- for their 1987 WSS show, is it true the corps wearing separate colors were apart in the drill when the Tony and Maria characters were separate and together when T and M were together? Who wrote the drill that year?

Edited by wolfgang

12 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

They moved from Hutchinson, KS to Texas, maybe the DFW area but still couldn't make it work.

I'd be interested to know what decisions led to the situation where they folded.

Side ?- for their 1987 WSS show, is it true the corps wearing separate colors were apart in the drill when the Tony and Maria characters were separate and together when T and M were together? Who wrote the drill that year?

I think Mark Sylvester wrote the 87 drill, and yes, I believe what you state about the show design is correct

18 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Just watch the show.  

Upper brass was all white, lower brass all black, percussion all grey.  The white and black represented the 2 different gangs in the story.  Similarly, the guard was either all blonde or all brunette/black haired...again, representing the 2 gangs.

The brass lines NEVER merged unless the gangs themselves directly interacted in the story...the Dance at the Gym, and The Rumble.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leed17 said:

I think Mark Sylvester wrote the 87 drill, and yes, I believe what you state about the show design is correct

Yes, Marc Sylvester wrote the 87 drill