Mandarins 2023

24 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

It's Sin and Spin.

You got it backwards. 😉

Yea that would make sense. 

I wouldn't be sinning anywhere after spinning on those props lol. 

• Haha 3

Takes a lot of work from design through performance to move up even one spot a year. Mandarins are having a tremendous year and even if they end up only three spots higher than last year that is a huge accomplishment and a sign of things to come. Even if they get 7th they are 5th place quality. Same for Cadets and Regiment, but this is more of a break out year for Mandarins. They are the big story.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Not like Troopers sound bad 🤪

My comment was not a slight on the Troopers, but rather a realization that if the Mandarins want to regain 5th place and keep fighting for it, they'll have to step it up in those two categories (Brass and Percussion)... Placing 4th in those two categories was a blow.

• Like 3

Sunday at Nightbeat.

Atlanta is no longer an 'everyone at the same site on the same day' regional since they can't get the dome.   It's now split between two days like Allentown, albeit at two sites.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

I am missing something?  Or is the lineup for Saturday not including the Mandarins?  Are they boycotting after losing last night to the Cadets?  😆  jk.  But, where are they?

When DCI decided not to use the ATL dome, they split the groups with NightBEAT.  Also combine those scores for placements. (Poor logistics at the new stadium)  Crazy, yes. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

My son just texted me. He said last nights run in McKinney was by far the worst of the season. He said the corps was not locked in and they got absolutely what they deserved in score and placement. 

Sounds like the staff "Let them have it" and also used last night's result as a teaching moment of what happens when you arent focused on the task at hand.

So we will see what happens tonight. 

• Like 6