Mandarins 2023

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Can’t tell you how many times we’ve sat next to parents of some kid on the field with a totally unrelated corps and then asking them what their kids name is and then cheering for that kid along with them like they were one of ours. It’s a lot of fun.

That is freaking awesome! Just one of the many reasons why I love this activity so much!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

They sound great Chief!

How was the ensemble rehearsal overall?

I will send you the schedule for tomorrow when my son gives it to me in the morning. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Can’t tell you how many times we’ve sat next to parents of some kid on the field with a totally unrelated corps and then asking them what their kids name is and then cheering for that kid along with them like they were one of ours. It’s a lot of fun.

Same here...doesn't matter if it's "one of the big boys" or one just fighting for survival.  You realize...the "kids" and their parents are ALL alike!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

How was the ensemble rehearsal overall?

I will send you the schedule for tomorrow when my son gives it to me in the morning. 

Ensemble sounded GREAT. That hornline has some powerrrr. Battery sounded a little wet but that's what black max heads due when it's super hot and humid. FE sounds great and reads well back to front. Some really nice visual moments in the closer that are MUCH cleaner than they were when I saw them last. They're diffinately kocking on the door for 6th maybe with PR. I need to really watch the show a few times in a row to pick up on some of the more nuanced stuff. Soloists sounded great, trombone feature sounded solid if not a little under mic'd. The FE was teased to Jesus so it overwhelmed a bit if you are right on the 50. 

Overall I dig it. You could tell these cats had a long day in the Tennessee heat. But the last run was full of energy. They should be proud. I congratulated the staff as well. Very nice corps.

Annnnddddd.....I got to see some of my SoA friends ❤️

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Ensemble sounded GREAT. That hornline has some powerrrr. Battery sounded a little wet but that's what black max heads due when it's super hot and humid. FE sounds great and reads well back to front. Some really nice visual moments in the closer that are MUCH cleaner than they were when I saw them last. They're diffinately kocking on the door for 6th maybe with PR. I need to really watch the show a few times in a row to pick up on some of the more nuanced stuff. Soloists sounded great, trombone feature sounded solid if not a little under mic'd. The FE was teased to Jesus so it overwhelmed a bit if you are right on the 50. 

Overall I dig it. You could tell these cats had a long day in the Tennessee heat. But the last run was full of energy. They should be proud. I congratulated the staff as well. Very nice corps.

Thanks for tonight's review! Glad you had a good time with them this evening. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Annnnddddd.....I got to see some of my SoA friends ❤️

All of this and you forgot the most important part... Did you give some love to Dre? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CAtenhut said:

All of this and you forgot the most important part... Did you give some love to Dre? 

They were I'm full ensemble cleaning mode. I'm going back tomorrow and will definitely give some love to Dre.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

My group and I do this too at shows. We also usually convince them to give us their embarrassing family nicknames so we can yell that out instead. 

Edited by Rylan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2