Mandarins 2023

Keep proving your supporters right.

Keep giving the doubters something to complain about.

Let's get after it Saturday night in Allentown!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Good job beating Phantom tonight. Keep it up. More work to be done!

CG, I am SO happy for your son specifically, and the corps in general. This is a magical season.

As a former member/staff member of BD, I am the biggest honk on the planet for them, and I love their show this year and think it is genius. At the same time, there is something "special" about what the Mandarins are doing this season, and I am LOVING what they are doing. 

Edited by jsd
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to Mandarins tonight! I love Phantom's show but I think the complexity/demand of other corps within the same "bracket range" are starting to shine through to the judges - very happy for them.

• Like 1

There is more coming.  

I think folks might literally lose their minds when they see what’s cookin’ for Finals.      

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

My boy said they had a great run tonight despite the wind. 

They did Chief.  All corps had great runs but Mandarins impressed everyone.  I was surprised at just how powerful the brass was.  Wind was a challenge but they did well.  What a great summer for you and your son.  Hope to see you in Indy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Congrats to Mandarins tonight! I love Phantom's show but I think the complexity/demand of other corps within the same "bracket range" are starting to shine through to the judges - very happy for them.

This is still anyone's game in the 5-7 placements. It could come down to who executes the best on finals night. None of the three have separated to this point. 

Mandarins haven't lost to Phantom.

Phantom hasn't lost to Cadets.

Cadets have a slight 3-2 edge over Mandarins.

And to be honest, Mandarins, Cadets, Phantom better be real careful, cause the Cavaliers led by their elite percussion, is picking up steam, and this could become a 5-8 battle. 

I know I am supposed to have my rose colored Mandarins glasses on and say some homer stuff, but we keeping it real around here.

Any of them can finish 5th, any of them can finish 7th..........or maybe 8th. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

This is still anyone's game in the 5-7 placements. It could come down to who executes the best on finals night. None of the three have separated to this point. 

Mandarins haven't lost to Phantom.

Phantom hasn't lost to Cadets.

Cadets have a slight 3-2 edge over Mandarins.

And to be honest, Mandarins, Cadets, Phantom better be real careful, cause the Cavaliers led by their elite percussion, is picking up steam, and this could become a 5-8 battle. 

I know I am supposed to have my rose colored Mandarins glasses on and say some homer stuff, but we keeping it real around here.

Any of them can finish 5th, any of them can finish 7th..........or maybe 8th. 

Very well said... and that's why it's so darn exciting right now, who doesn't love a good horse race.

• Like 3