Mandarins 2023

1 hour ago, JohnDF said:

Very well said... and that's why it's so darn exciting right now, who doesn't love a good horse race.

I love horse races. Even when it’s just Crown guard running a lap around the field pretending to be horses.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I love horse races. Even when it’s just Crown guard running a lap around the field pretending to be horses.

Gotta be honest--I don't really love THIS type of horse race (though I do find it fascinating):

Edited by brassboy
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

This is still anyone's game in the 5-7 placements. It could come down to who executes the best on finals night. None of the three have separated to this point. 

Mandarins haven't lost to Phantom.

Phantom hasn't lost to Cadets.

Cadets have a slight 3-2 edge over Mandarins.

And to be honest, Mandarins, Cadets, Phantom better be real careful, cause the Cavaliers led by their elite percussion, is picking up steam, and this could become a 5-8 battle. 

I know I am supposed to have my rose colored Mandarins glasses on and say some homer stuff, but we keeping it real around here.

Any of them can finish 5th, any of them can finish 7th..........or maybe 8th. 

You just never know this week.

Waaaaaay back in the day, in '88 Blue Devils entered finals week undefeated and untied and lo and behold ended up third at the end. This last week is when some surprises happen. Like the Ink year, where it was anyone's chance, but BD ended up with the win on finals night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This feels like the kind of show that is going to ignite the audience to another realm in Indy.  

FTL with the muted trumpet/trombone, Take me to Church, and that finale are going to make the audience putty in their hands.  Really really really want this show to finish 5th but that’s just the cherry on top of making history with a landmark show of the season.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So proud of our Mandarins. Each night continuing to prove they belong.

Four shows left. 

Might be a stretch, but I hope they can crack 94 on finals night. 

• Like 5