Mandarins 2023

This show is awesome and the corps has so much room to grow and clean.  

Mandarins are going to have (another) historic year.

Whatever they are doing there, they need to keep doing it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 6:02 PM, Chief Guns said:

At the moment no I don't think so. 

Currently they are at Chowchilla High school in Chowchilla CA, about two hours south of Sacramento. They will be there till the 21st. 

Family day is June 24th. 

Chowchilla High School used to have a small (but mighty) marching band. Their color guard used "flowers" as their ID signs. The group I marched with (and then taught for over a decade) was always in the same class with them, and they were always a tough out.

I cannot wait to see Mandarins this year. The entire concept and musical selections sounds off the hook. 

• Like 3

Saw a video of the community performance. This is the best Mandarins I have ever seen. I think that if the judges put them 10th again they are completely wrong

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Saw a video of the community performance. This is the best Mandarins I have ever seen. I think that if the judges put them 10th again they are completely wrong

I hope you have the opportunity to see it live. This show is an absolute monster! It's been 24 hours and I am still trying to process what I saw. I can't put into words how much they are moving and loud they were. 

I told my wife I didn't even know our son could move that fast.........WITH a contra at that LMAO. 

If Sinnerman finishes 10th, then we will be witness to the greatest top 9 in DCI history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I hope you have the opportunity to see it live. This show is an absolute monster! It's been 24 hours and I am still trying to process what I saw. I can't put into words how much they are moving and loud they were. 

I told my wife I didn't even know our son could move that fast.........WITH a contra at that LMAO. 

If Sinnerman finishes 10th, then we will be witness to the greatest top 9 in DCI history.

Can’t wait to see them here in Canyon Texas 🙂

They've been a favorite of the locals every year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Ill be at a few shows to see it live. I absolutely cannot wait to see it. I am so excited

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Can’t wait to see them here in Canyon Texas 🙂

They've been a favorite of the locals every year.  

Are you from Canyon? I used to go there all the time, and have a sibling at the uni there.