Midwest Premiere

10 minutes ago, treved said:

Like how is that even possible….

9 minutes ago, karuna said:

um..it's NOT?  honestly i would so love to hear him try to defend that in critque.  it's ridiculous.

some judges you just have to ignore.  sadly he's often around at the end of the season.  no one said DCI judges are all great 😕

So I too would like to hear his commentary, however this is very possible and since he was judging GE, even more possible. In this particular case, I really want to know his thoughts because I wouldn’t have flipped it for GE on this show, but there’s some avenues I could see him taking for justification. 

20 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Had to delay my viewing of Blue Stars... LOVE the ballad to the end musically. 

I've liked Blue Stars shows for years up until last season. This one will have to grow on me, I fear. 

wait. you DIDN’T like Blue Stars last season? Generally I’m a Peace guy but I see War in my immediate future ……………

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, karuna said:

lulz K Turner with an upside down number the first show 🙄

AKNrbX2.png

Absolute malpractice for a judge who shows up a lot at the end of the season. 

The Troopers had a great run - if you want to put them over Blue Stars in GE, that's totally valid. But a corps is outperforming their book on Day 1? That's what this score says. Completely useless feedback, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Have to say… big surprise here. Regiment is stunning. That look is mesmerizing. This show has chops.

kudos to BS the absinthe theme is played out well.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phan_of_Drumming said:

The Troopers had a great run - if you want to put them over Blue Stars in GE, that's totally valid. But a corps is outperforming their book on Day 1? That's what this score says. Completely useless feedback, in my opinion. 

These are my favorite critique numbers when I have to talk to judges because when you ask for explanation have the time you get alot of umms and stuttering.  This is the hardest caption to outperform day 1 and I really want to know the rationale lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phan_of_Drumming said:

I guess the most generous spin would be that it’s a vote of confidence in the members, that they can handle a tougher show…? Which is impossible to say at this stage… Maybe he’s been matching me beer for beer, that would explain it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

I guess the most generous spin would be that it’s a vote of confidence in the members, that they can handle a tougher show…? Which is impossible to say at this stage… Maybe he’s been matching me beer for beer, that would explain it. 

someone slipped some absinthe into their water bottle 😛 

• Haha 1