Midwest Premiere

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Seems right to me.  Blue Stars show has a lot of upside depending on how they develop it.  

Phantom Regiment feels back.  Love that show.  

You from Texas should know to never say anyone is "back". 😰 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, treved said:

Like how is that even possible….

um..it's NOT?  honestly i would so love to hear him try to defend that in critque.  it's ridiculous.

some judges you just have to ignore.  sadly he's often around at the end of the season.  no one said DCI judges are all great 😕

Edited by karuna

FloMarching is rebroadcasting the show.

Just now, kdaddy said:

Had to delay my viewing of Blue Stars... LOVE the ballad to the end musically. 

I've liked Blue Stars shows for years up until last season. This one will have to grow on me, I fear. 

I was thinking the same thing. THE BALLAD SOUNDS LIKE A BALLAD! (And yes...the snozberries do taste like snozberries.)

I think the giant spoon slides are thematically interesting....I'll leave it at that. Great drum tuning. Snares had some fuzz in a few places but it's early. 

I think the show has a higher top end than PR but not tonight. Still though...mad ❤️ to the Stars.

• Like 3

Crazy when you compare last seasons scores to tonights opening night.  Phantom and BS are exactly where Boston and Bluecoats were.  Phantom beat BS last year opening night in the 65s.  This seasons going to be fun and interesting.  Who said all top 12 in the 90s because you are probably right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

Not the coming out of the gate fast score that I was hoping for the Blue Stars; however, they are an August corps, so there's plenty of time. 

this is very true. I have never slept on Blue Stars.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, squarepush said:

I like Troopers more this year, they found their vibe and they're going to sell it. It's unique. It's so Troopers. It works. They will maintain top 12 status.

I like Colts less this year. I don't know how to explain it. Someone on here said generic and I think that fits. I do not see them making finals. 

*no Cavaliers*

I feel weird about Phantom's show in a good way. In a "I'm gonna like this a lot in a couple weeks" way. Everything was good, just needs to be sold. Their ability do to do this is TBA. Top 6 show.

I find a show about Absinthe and its effects weird for a youth non profit show so there's that... you'd think you'd have a mary jane show before an absinthe show. How niche! I see where they're going with this. Not my favorite Stars show but I loved every Stars show for the past 5+ years so it's okay if it's not my absinthe of choice. I have no idea where to project them other than where they usually are.

Stars did have a marijuana leaf form in their 1975 drill thanks to Bobby Hoffman. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

Not the coming out of the gate fast score that I was hoping for the Blue Stars; however, they are an August corps, so there's plenty of time. 

I think its a great score.  The feet were bad and seemed like a good amount of place holder stuff.  I love the cube, spoon, and straw ideas.  Looking at the recap they have some big spreads in content and achievement which is what you want early season.

• Like 1