Midwest Premiere

There's a funny old music theory video "explaining" various terms, and one is "glissando."  It defines it as the most fun thing to play on trombone....also, the only fun thing to do on trombone.  I enjoy playing glisses.  My beginners also enjoy them.  I love that we have trombones in drum corps now.  The instrument can do so much more than glisses.  It would be nice to hear that....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

That was... refreshing! This early in the season, my only gripes would be the length of the capes -- shorten or remove them, it's muddying things. On that same note, guard unis ... it's not doing them any favors, they disappear at times which is unfortunate, as they've improved compared to recent seasons.

the color of the guard unis... they disappear at times which is unfortunate as they've improved.

I love the flow of the capes! 

I'm a guard person and I found myself watching everything but the guard.  They do disappear at times.

Oh this is amazing.  

Blue Stars are arriving as well.  They sound fantastic.

The guard is spinning that Shapiro book pretty darn well already. 

Percussion has stepped up. 

This design is saying “we’re looking to move up out of the middle pack”

First impression on Phantom Regiment: Holy Smokes! 

This show has it all, though some things need to be refined or tweaked. Mainly the company at the end to the final set. I am sure they are waiting to implement some of that. But in general I love the uniforms, the music is fantastic, brass is going to be incredibly good, percussion is playing very well and should tighten up nicely, and the guard was wonderful. 

What I love about this show is how they use the field. Their big impact moments are setup so nicely and the way their cleared the field for the ballad was well done. The visual works very logically with the music and as this thing cleans they should get some excellent GE numbers. Solos are fantastic! Brass, perc, pit and guard should do very well, so I think their performance captions are strong and it's all about cleaning. Honestly the whole show has very little that they will need to hose or re-write -- certainly not big chunks anyway. Just a few small things. So cleaning will be the most important thing. The ending will change for sure. They could be dangerous. Top 5? Not sure about that but I would not rule that out. 

• Like 3