What's your most Iconic "Company Front"?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yeah Simple Gifts dissolving and reforming front is a winner for me too.

• Like 2

1978 Phantom Regiment - Last minute or so of the show - Ode To Joy with the color guard popping the Beethoven flags behind the horn line. Very awesome. 

• Like 1

Chicago Royal Airs

Troopers

• Like 1

Oh here's a glorious one.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Was rewatching Santa Clara 1989 ( POTO) this morning and got chillbumps watching that final company front in Kansas City. 
Remember having the same in 1980 at Legion Field with Spirit of Atlanta. On a hot August night, my legs and arms covered in "chillbumps". 
And the crowd just feeding on both in a way that I'll never forget. 

What's your favorite deployment of the full horn line company front in DCI History? 

Since it’s my favorite DCi show ,  end of show 1986 Blue Devils 

check out how straight that 100 yard front is 😁

• Like 1

This is an easy call for me.

Without question my #1 was the full-corps rotating front on the "50 yd line" executed by the Beverly Cardinals in '65 at the VFW Nationals Finals in Chicago's McCormick Place Convention Center while they wailed on the Enoch Light version of "Heat Wave".

Through the years there have been moments with more clever design elements, but nothing has ever surpassed this in impact for me. There were no yard lines (just 2 cones on the 50) and those 32 counts produced a visual and musical crescendo no one had ever experienced. When they stepped forward, the house exploded.

• Like 1

1980 was a good year for these.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Since it’s my favorite DCi show ,  end of show 1986 Blue Devils 

check out how straight that 100 yard front is 😁

Yeah, I was always so impressed it still looked perfect end-to-end from the side camera angle.  But also glad I got to see it live at my first trip to finals that year.

Since most of the others that come to mind have already been mentioned (although I prefer the 88 SCV diagonal company front to the one in 89), I'll mention a Cadets one that often gets overlooked especially because of the comparisons to 84:

The Officer Krupke "fake" company front was one I always enjoyed seeing in 94. Starts building right around the 10:30 mark.