What's your most Iconic "Company Front"?

3 hours ago, Bruckner8 said:

...and...

Yeah, man, I got to listen to that (teach it) every day...privileged for sure (Hell yeah, contras! No mics, just air, baby!). Here ya go, queued up:

It's my favorite show of all time for a reason.  Wife and I were there Finals night, I'd seen the show on YT several times throughout the summer but not yet in person.  Knew where the yell was, prepped her for it (she marched as well, knows the activity and the traditions) and when the One Day More section begins about a minute before the company front, I was so engrossed and swept up in the entire progression that I was just slack jawed and basically missed the yell (although we immediately leapt to our feet). 

I've never had more goosebumps and tears as an audience member (my Blue Knights in 2014 almost tie for first though) as I had during that moment.  It was like I was marching again.  Anytime I try explain the activity to someone who has no idea of it, that's usually my first show, and that minute+ specifically.  

• Like 1

Cavaliers 1992 always stands out for me.  Most company fronts are about building up the tension as the front comes come together for the big resolution. But this one just pushes the tension and anxiety to a higher level 

Around the 8 minute mark.  The second front about a minute later is pretty awesome as well

Edited by alextiger
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, frank4now said:

Not everyone's favorite but I saw Cadets a few times live in 2007 and the end was a blast. 

Starting at about 10:30 in this video

At the 10:38 min mark, just before the company front hits to close the show, this has to be the fastest company front ever. They do one at the beginning of the show, but the front at the end is just ridiculous in terms of speed and difficulty. Great ending to this show. The drill was incredibly difficult. Would have loved much much less narration because this was one killer performing ensemble. 

• Like 1

• Like 2

I've seen every company front since 1973, and this thread is the most fun I've had on DCP in a long, long time.

When I'm reduced to dribbling on my chin, I hope my family plays these shows to let me die with a smile on my face.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bkbass98 said:

Since most of the others that come to mind have already been mentioned (although I prefer the 88 SCV diagonal company front to the one in 89), I'll mention a Cadets one that often gets overlooked especially because of the comparisons to 84:

The Officer Krupke "fake" company front was one I always enjoyed seeing in 94. Starts building right around the 10:30 mark.

Ah yes....the infamous "company back."

Oh, this one is ICONIC.

• Like 2

...and the next year:

Spirit said "Hold My Beer"

• Like 1

• Like 1