Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

Two shows in, this and that, new gut feeling, time for an update...
1. Blue Devils 
2. Boston Crusaders
3. Bluecoats

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cadets
6. Phantom Regiment
7. Mandarins
8. Cavaliers

9. Blue Stars
10. Blue Knights
11. Troopers
12. Crossmen

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I saw a video of Spirit of Atlanta's preview show and I have to say I was very very VERY impressed with their hornline. Their visual design and execution seems a bit off for me to consider them as a potential finalist, but hot #### are they putting out some SOUND. 

1: Blue Devils 

2: Boston Crusaders

3: Bluecoats 

4: Carolina Crown 

5: The Cadets 

6: Phantom Regiment 

7: Blue Stars 

8: Mandarins 

9: The Cavaliers (I could see this show surging throughout, consider them 6-9)

10: Troopers 

11: Blue Knights (wild guess)

12: Colts 

13: Crossmen (wild guess)

14: Spirit of Atlanta (wild card, hornline sounds incredible, visual design is lacking) 

15: The Academy 

16: Pacific Crest 

2 minutes ago, Madisonscoutsfan said:

1: Blue Devils 

2: Boston Crusaders

3: Bluecoats 

4: Carolina Crown 

5: The Cadets 

6: Phantom Regiment 

7: Blue Stars 

8: Mandarins 

9: The Cavaliers (I could see this show surging throughout, consider them 6-9)

10: Troopers 

11: Blue Knights (wild guess)

12: Colts 

13: Crossmen (wild guess)

14: Spirit of Atlanta (wild card, hornline sounds incredible, visual design is lacking) 

15: The Academy 

16: Pacific Crest 

Did you forget your own corps? Or could you just not bring yourself to type 17 next to their name?

On 6/28/2023 at 3:48 PM, Cainan said:

4... Bluecoats... they wont be far off the top three, I just think the top three will be better. From what I have seen the corps is good, but I do have to question how much of that brass sound is being generated by the brass line or the two dudes on the mixing board.

Bloo Brass™️ is POWERFUL this year, and are we really surprised? Kevin LeBoeuf had some powerful hornlines with the Cavaliers, so it really isn't surprising that he would have brought that with him to the Bluecoats.

9 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Did you forget your own corps? Or could you just not bring yourself to type 17 next to their name?

I made that username in 2013 haha... and quite honestly I have no idea where to place them right now

I know someone’s got to be in 4th but CROWN?! Surprised that that’s such a common take. I guess we’ll see. 

Frankly any of the top 4 in fourth place will feel unjust to me. Still — CROWN?! Idk about all that…

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I know someone’s got to be in 4th but CROWN?! Surprised that that’s such a common take. I guess we’ll see. 

Frankly any of the top 4 in fourth place will feel unjust to me. Still — CROWN?! Idk about all that…

That’s what happened last season 

5 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I uhhh….I don’t know at this point anymore, top 4 is bringing it. The more I watch Crown’s show, the more I dig it, very much true to what they are from a musical identity standpoint, their performance of their material will be hard to top, it’s a game of captions where no one knows where corps have an edge for sure until they meet🤷‍♂️
Even if they ultimately get 4th, it’ll be a **** good 4th

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 4