Beanpot July 1, 2023

That's a pretty strong opening score Boston!

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Wow Boston! Pops a 77.15 out of the gate! 

Glad the judges saw my earlier post. :whistle:   Is the Crusaders guard really less than a point better than PR?

Edited by TOC
  • Like 1

My favorite posts always begin with “I just got home from the show…..” and I did just get home,

I missed Crusaders Sr. I got delayed arriving due to a draw bridge being up. So much for a short cut.

7th Regiment appeared to be a bit larger this year. They are sporting new uniforms that are a bit of a departure color wise. The show is incomplete but they had friends in the audience to cheer them on.

Spartans drill was very good, guard was strong as is usually the case. The brass has potential but I found at times it was restrained and at times drowned out by the drum line and pit. I do think it will be a force when the OC tour begins.

I was impressed by Cadets. There is more body movement in this year’s show and plenty of moments that will bring crowds to their feet. They also worked hard to sell the show. I’m thinking they’ll be a solid 5th place in Indy. 

Boston Crusaders did not disappoint. The color guard is already near perfect. The musical book is challenging and varied from classical to popular (Dropkick Murphy’s) to whimsical (the sea shanties). All the basics seem in lkace but the show will be so much more as the season progresses. The audience was very happy with the score.

The Commandant’s Own was a welcome treat and well received. The Latin jazz pieces were the greatest crowd pleaser. Their percussion joined BAC percussion for the encore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Can't you talk to your boss about that? 😉

Please and thank you.

Though prayer never hurts, for me when it comes to weather, Murphy’s Law usually applies. If I have an umbrella and rain coat, it doesn’t rain. Case in point: at the Allentown deluge a few years back, my umbrella was in the car. 

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Though prayer never hurts, for me when it comes to weather, Murphy’s Law usually applies. If I have an umbrella and rain coat, it doesn’t rain. Case in point: at the Allentown deluge a few years back, my umbrella was in the car. 

Dropkick Murphy’s Law? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TOC said:

I trust your opinions Tim, so the guard score really seems off. 

I saw video of the show and they were featured immensely up front and they looked really strong. Exactly what you’d expect from BAC guard.  

2 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I saw video of the show and they were featured immensely up front and they looked really strong. Exactly what you’d expect from BAC guard.  

Except the BAC guard is wearing a lot more clothing than they normally do 🤣🤣